2000 Cadillac Eldorado

2000 Cadillac Eldorado Prices
2000 Cadillac Eldorado Fuel Economy
2 3 4 5 6 7  Next
big jon b by An MSN Autos Consumer on 03/06/2007. Trim: 2000 Cadillac Eldorado Touring Coupe, Owned 8 years.
Pros: everything
Cons: gas miliage
Overall review: good overall
A great classy car by PJ on 09/06/2012. Trim: 2000 Cadillac Eldorado, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: I bought this car new in 1999. Had some problems early on, but all were covered by waranty. Since then it has been trouble free for the last 9-10 years. I've only got 71,000 miles on it and it runs and looks great. I'm an old dude and can see no reason to get a new car. I couldn't be happier. It's hard to believe all the problems some people have had with their Eldorado's, Mine is fantastic!
Cons: It's been a great car. No real problems.
Overall review: When I get it cleaned up, it still looks and runs like new. What more can you ask?
ESC Road Runner by An MSN Autos Consumer on 08/31/2012. Trim: 2000 Cadillac Eldorado Base, Owned 4 years.
Pros: The pick up and handling are great along with the ride for just over 100K. Handles like my '82 Vette, just bigger!
Cons: Starting to have a problem moving the driver's seat full back, no horn. Don't have a dealer repair if a garage can do the job. Head gasket went away and the dealer wanted $8200 for a long block because it couldn't be repaired. Local garage made repairs for $2500. Ninth one that they have done with no problems.
Overall review: The El is as fast as my Harley with Max comfort. Can't beat the Bose sound system.
The Ultimate Piece of JUNK by My_Caddy_Broke_Thru from Lemonville Repair Shop on 08/30/2005. Trim: 2000 Cadillac Eldorado Base, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Car looks nice (but doesn't run--see below).
Cons: After 6 weeks the A/C and power windows began working sporadically. GM couldn't (or wouldn't) completely fix the A/C under warranty. Then, at 52K miles, I heard a horrible metal-on-metal crunching noise and the car died immediately. Turns out the engine experienced an internal failure and a connecting rod was thrown through the engine block (left a 2" hole). Car needs a new engine (approx. $10K). I heard of other owners of 2000 Caddys with engine troubles who GM helped. Not me. Customer Assistance told me to haul the car to local Caddy dealer (at my expense). They "looked" at it for 5 mins and told me they wouldn't pay for any of it. Cust. Asst. didn't call as promised or return messages.
Overall review: If all you need is a car that looks nice (but will be in the repair shop a lot or will leave you stranded somewhere), or if you want to get lied to and treated to the runaround game by customer service, or if you enjoy contacting the BBB and your State's Attorney General regularly, CONGRATULATIONS--you have just found your ride (if you can call a car that doesn't run a "ride"). For anyone who wants a dependable, reliable car, LOOK ELSEWHERE. I was EXTREMELY LUCKY that the internal failure didn't occur on a very busy Interstate at 75 mph, or I would be DEAD right now as the car lost all power immediately. And since this happened, I have talked to a lot of people who know cars (car insurance people, salespeople, repair people, etc.) and they ALL knew at least 1 other person whose Cadillac has needed a major engine repair or replacement. This car will MOST CERTAINLY be the LAST GM car I EVER buy. And to think I traded in my ultra-reliable Lincoln Mark VIII to buy this piece of junk.
A GREAT LOOKer!! by KMR from Phoenix on 01/12/2005. Trim: 2000 Cadillac Eldorado Base, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I love the "look" of the car. This is my THIRD Eldo .. unfortunately my last since they've quit building them. The Northstar is a great engine.
Cons: If I were looking for a very DEPENDABLE, WELL BUILT car I'd have bought a Toyota. You would think for the $$$ they cost ... mine have all been used (Certified & low mileage) .. they'd get it right. Have had many small problems ... and last Eldo needed a rear engine seal .. a $10 part that cost $2000 to install. Never seemed to "handle" right after removing the front end to replace that seal. And the dealer should give ALL Vogue tyres to Home Depot for their wheelbarrows .. the mechanics blame them for rough / hopscotch ride .... Vogue blames the car! I blame anyone who BUYS them! Never again!
Overall review: I just LOVE the look/styling. Don't know what I'll get since '02 was it! No one else makes a two door worth a look.
2 3 4 5 6 7  Next