2000 Buick Park Avenue

Nearly 300k, still smooth as ever! by Leslie H on 04/15/2008. Trim: 2000 Buick Park Avenue Ultra, Owned 8 years.
Pros: I don't know if I am alone, but I adore the styling! It is a very aggressive looking car, and it also drives agressively in my opinion (mine is supercharged with optional grantouring suspenstion). The quality is simply unbeatable. Mine has over 260k on the odometer, and the only engine component I have had to replace is the thermostat, which cost under $200 from my dealer. Some of the features for an 8 year old car are excellent; rain sense wipers, front and rear heated seats, heads-up-display, etc. They all still work on my car, even with nearly 300000 miles on it. I have never touched the transmission, and it shifts almost as smoothly as the day my husband and I drove it off the lot.
Cons: It seems to go through rotors a lot. I have replaced them a five times over 8 years, mind you I suppose the amount I drive the vehicle (100 miles each way to work 5 days per week), it's not that bad. The thermostat went a few thousand miles ago, and I had that fixed. The windsheild is very expensive for a car with a heads-up-display, but I love the feature, so I spent the extra few hundred on the proper windshield.
Overall review: I would reccomend this car to anyone. It is not only for older people. I am 39, and bought this car, because of my long commute. It is very safe, and amazingly economical. I consistently get over 22mpg in the city, and well over 30mpg on the highway. According to my driver's information center, I get 28.3 mpg overall. Excellent automobile.
CONCERNED ABOUT RELIABILITY by PETE on 05/31/2009. Trim: 2000 Buick Park Avenue Base, Owned 4 years.
Pros: PAINT, HOLDS THE ROAD, COMFORTABLE
Cons: UNRELIABLE AT 55000 MILES
Overall review: I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS CAR
a great car by steve on 06/02/2009. Trim: 2000 Buick Park Avenue Base, Owned 9 years.
Pros: gas milage dependability power performance
Cons: leather seats
Overall review: Its my thrid car like this in 15 years drive them 300,000 miles then get new one basicaly trouble free
Very Good Car (except for) by macrailroad on 03/18/2008. Trim: 2000 Buick Park Avenue Base, Owned 5 years.
Pros: I have owned this car for 5 years - Styliing and finish are excellent. Interior room and finish are top notch. Over 30 MPG on the road. Ride is excellent when rear leveling device is working properly.
Cons: Have had to have the rear load leveling device repaired twice. When it is not working properly it pumps air into the rear air shocks and the car proceeds down the road like a stink-bug. The first time it happened was during a trip on icy roads. It made the car very unstable at any speeds over 30 MPH. Have also had transmission problems with this car. A friend of mine, who also owns a 2000 Buick Park Avenue had to have his transmission replaced at 70,000 miles. I had to have an $1100 repair at 89,000 for the high-pressure valve in the transmission.
Overall review: Love driving this car, except when load leveling device is not working properly. Sound system, and interior appointments fit together great. Steering wheel controls are some of the best I have had. (even better than my 1999 Cadillac DeVille). Just have some mechanical concerns as listed above.
This car is good vehicle. by Bo from Columbia Mo on 03/06/2008. Trim: 2000 Buick Park Avenue Base, Owned 7 years.
Pros: style is great, good performance
Cons: There is no real problems with this car.
Overall review: Buick is a winner over-all.