2000 Audi A4

2000 Audi A4 Prices
2000 Audi A4 Fuel Economy
Won't see me in anything but Audi by np audi on 12/19/2009. Trim: 2000 Audi A4 1.8T, Owned 9 years.
Pros: Best car I have ever owned. I will keep this car forever. Even when I get my new A3 DSG I'll keep my A4, Ive put 155k on it so far and it still drives beautifully. People (who aren't car people) ask me all the time if its new, and are shocked when I tell them its ten years old. This car aged very gracefully. Good in snow also.
Cons: It is a spendy car to own. Synthetic oil, premium fuel, and a exspensive service center.
Overall review: Audi had me Audi Quattro coupe and I've never left. LIke all cars they have their problems but know one combines style, performance and ergonomics like Audi.
aa by A CarPoint Consumer on 07/09/2001. Trim: 2000 Audi A4 1.8T, Owned 1 year.
Overall review: aabb
VERY SOUR LEMON by POVermont Rutland, VT on 04/16/2006. Trim: 2000 Audi A4 1.8T, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Excellent handling, very luxurious seating and console. Self regulating temperature control, heated seats etc. All the fun bells and whistles.
Cons: 1. MAINTENANCE 2. DEALERSHIPS 3. LACK OF RELIABILITY This car was the worst lemon ever! With the money you put into a vehicle like this you expect much better. NOTHING that broke down on my car was under warranty. Everything electrical on it kept breaking: windshield motor, dash lights, windows and door locks. Every time you bring it to a dealership, expect $400 to fly out of your pocket. When you're paying $500 a month on a vehicle with a supposedly low interest rate, and then shelling out another $400-$1500 a month on repairs something is VERY WRONG. I finally had to return the car prior to completion of my payments, ruining my perfect credit rating. I will NEVER buy another Audi.
Overall review: Great to drive but ABSOLUTELY NOT WORTH the money and the headaches of repairing it if you happen to get a lemon. The owner who had it new before me kept a meticulous log of repairs and maintenance which I thought was great because there was so many little things done on a new car. "He must be scrupulous to take such good care of his vehicle." I thought. But I should have thought harder about that and realized that every little thing was going wrong and in need of repair. It just never occurred to me that new cars break every month.
big nug by joey PPP!! on 03/13/2006. Trim: 2000 Audi A4 2.8, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Very nice acceleration
Cons: All wheel drive
Overall review: BEST CAR
Awsome Car if you Have the Cash to Keep it. by Mike from the Philly Burbs on 12/21/2005. Trim: 2000 Audi A4 1.8T, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Beautiful, high quality interior. Fun to drive in all weather conditions (quattro with the right tires is great in the snow). Plus, I really like the way it looks. The 5-speed manaul is one of the slickest I have ever used...short throw, buttery shifter and a super light, solid clutch (although the take-up is very high, even when new).
Cons: MAINTENANCE COST!!! I dumped it on my local Nissan deal for an older Maxima for fear of the next repair bill(s). I put 120K on the car. It didn't break down much more often then any other car, but when it did it was a $1000 bill instead of a $200 bill. Be sure to buy one that has had the MAF sensor replaced. They seem to go bad by 80K and it is not cheap.
Overall review: A great car with some very german engineering...very slick, but way to complicated to be easily and afforably maintained. If I could afford it, I would buy another one. I'll just have to keep the Maxima in the driveway for when it is being serviced.