1988 Ford F-150

1988 Ford F-150 pictures are not available
1988 Ford F-150 Prices
1988 Ford F-150 Fuel Economy
The Ultimate Truck by Bryce from Texas on 05/19/2011. Trim: 1988 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab Short Bed 2WD, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Love the interior, blue just like the outside, looks nice when cleaned up. It's supposed to run good, and as far as I know it does, hasn't been used since 2009 won't be driven until 2015. It has dual tanks, short bed, and I need to replace the headlight nob.
Cons: Nothing really, a few rust spots, and I need to replace the headlight nob, it broke. Other than that it's perfect!!
Overall review: Overall its an awesome truck, I love it and I can't wait to have it on the road!!
Built ford tough by An MSN Autos Consumer on 06/14/2010. Trim: 1988 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab Short Bed 4WD, Owned 10 years.
Pros: Will Last long never will quit without a fight the 4x4 system is the best,the engine will also last long. Just a wonderful truck =)
Cons: The body will rust,paint will chip off,but it's a work truck not made for street.
Overall review: Best f-150 ever built
My Brown Rig by TwiKan on 09/04/2008. Trim: 1988 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab Long Bed 2WD, Owned 8 years.
Pros: Excellent vehicle for camping, light pulling, or moving items. Comfortable seating. Vehicle was purchased used, and was previously a 4WD, now a 2WD. Has double fuel tanks which is very handy, that is until the price of gas went up so much. Is a straight 6 Cyl, 300.
Cons: Probably since I purchased it used in 2000, I am having to fix the "other man's problems." Some of these have been quite pricey. The fuel economy has made my family wonder why I still drive it, getting 10.5 to 12 mpg in the city (where I do a lot of the driving.) I get 11.5 to 13 mpg with more extended driving (up to 40 mi one-way.) Not sure I trust it enough to drive it on trips over 100 miles one way. (Due to oil leaks, transmission is weak, and unfortunately the price of fuel!)
Overall review: Overall, this is a fairly good truck considering it is now 20 yrs old. It needs some body work, as in its former life it was a farm vehicle. There are a few scratches and dings, which luckily have not started to rust (knock on wood.) I have all the camping and fishing gear in the truck, and where would I put all of that if I didn't have the truck? Oh well, I'm not in the mood of telling it good by, so I'm not going to worry about that! Really, this truck has done me well, and since I service it regularly (change oil every 3K, filters as needed, and other problems as they appear), I hope it continues to run as well as it does! I really do like this truck! Hey, if anyone wants a good work vehicle, this one is good! (Just find it somewhere else, mine isn't for sale!)
Review ID: #532070 Is this review offensive?
ryan rodriguez by central point, oregon on 07/21/2008. Trim: 1988 Ford F-150 SuperCab Short Bed 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: i just bought this truck i have 2 VW's and i'm a VW freak but i wanted something BIG and BAD with enough room to hual my 2 kids, dog and the wife and I when we ro camping or to the lake. this truck does it all! as you can see its 7-21-08 and the truck only has 121k miles on it and it feel great. i hope it lasts i have 2 years to pay on it. but its not a daily driver just a weeked toy. i have my 04 jetta and 68 bug for work and back.
Cons: lots of gas but WTF do you expect its a BIG truck!
Overall review: its my 1st full size truck im almost 30 and my dad is a chey guy, oh well i hope it lasts or i will hear about it. lol
The best truck to own a Ford F-150 by James Augusta West Virginia on 10/08/2007. Trim: 1988 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab Long Bed 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: It is a truck and is has great ground clearnce. Power is great. Handleing is Excellent.
Cons: Not having enough room to work under the hood.
Overall review: It is a great all round truck. It is a relabile truck. i would recomden this truck to anyone because it gets great gas milage for an 88 and it is a tough truck. I own one and i haven't had much problem.