1988 Ford Tempo

1988 Ford Tempo pictures are not available
1988 Ford Tempo Prices
1988 Ford Tempo Fuel Economy
It Got Me Through, Time too Move On by An MSN Autos Consumer on 04/09/2005. Trim: 1988 Ford Tempo GL coupe, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Fairly reliable until it started to creep up in miles. Cheap to buy, good on gas, cheap and easy to find used parts. 130 000 miles on it now and time to buy a new car. Not much to look at but it is good on the highway and quick off the red lights in the city. Ok for a first car or for a student. Even despite not so regular maintenance at times, has survived.
Cons: Has always had issues with starting and stalling. Due to age, has had many parts replaced including battery, alternator, water pump, heater core, tires, etc. Is noisy, goes through mufflers all the time. Factory paint job is horrible, peeling. Some rust but it's been parked outside in winter/summer al it's life. Some electrical issues.Needs a new starter now, think I'll just park it for good or sell it now.
Overall review: If you want style and speed the tempo is not for you. If you want somethign fairly reliable and cheap while saving for something else, go for it.
This car keeps chugging along! by tjf from Miami, OK on 10/14/2003. Trim: 1988 Ford Tempo GL coupe, Owned 9 years.
Pros: The car keeps going. It wont die!
Cons: The air conditioning has been worked on several times, and refuses to be fixed.
Overall review: This was a good first car for me, and my family and I still use it now and then , with no problems
Piece of S&*^ by x_TheLostSoul_x from Michigan on 11/29/2002. Trim: 1988 Ford Tempo GL coupe, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: None
Cons: Everything you could think of
Overall review: Was a horrible car to own. Glad Ford quit making it.
Ford - Found on Road Dead by Steve W from Los Angeles, CA on 08/19/2002. Trim: 1988 Ford Tempo GL sedan, Owned 4 years.
Pros: The seats were fairly comfortable. That's about it.
Cons: Build quality is EXTREMELY cheap. Back bumper was crushed when 150 lb. person stepped up on it. Painfully unreliable, prone to major electrical problems.
Overall review: The 1988 Ford Tempo GL 4 door sedan was my first car. I purchased when I was in high school and though it was not the coolest looking car, I was happy. The happiness lasted a very short while, as the car began systematically falling apart. This thing was the biggest pile...and because of it, I will NEVER buy another Ford again.
Very bad choice for a car by Manchild, from Connecticut on 06/19/2002. Trim: 1988 Ford Tempo GL sedan, Owned 1 year.
Pros: cheap price tag decent on gas you will never ever get pulled over for going too fast rest asured your teen aged sun will never get a girl pregnant whil driving this car it is the perfect girl repelant
Cons: very very slugish acceleration zero to sixty in about 17 seconds terible terible terible seatbelts what da heck was wrong with ford when they made this car I am still angry about the seat belt. very bad suspension and steering interior is a bit small for a car that size
Overall review: I would not recoment this car to anyone it is the worst car I have ever driven and I will get rid of it as soon as I posibly car. I wias I never paid that $1000 for it and spent my money on feeding the poor because this car is pure crap. Every time I drive it I feel an overwelming need to start crying