1997 Eagle Talon

1997 Eagle Talon Prices
1997 Eagle Talon Fuel Economy
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  Next
Sheep on speed in wolf's clothing by Andy from Albuquerque on 02/13/2004. Trim: 1997 Eagle Talon Base, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Interior is the perfect size for people on the taller side (I'm 6'1" 250 pounds +/- and have no problems). It's quiet, great fuel mileage for a 2-liter (28-35 depending on my mood during the drive). The styling is hot, and it's solid as a rock at 125,000 miles. Visibility is amazing, and it just feels fast.
Cons: Not as fast as it feels or looks.. I have the Chrysler made 2-liter (neon motor), and I'd like another 50 horses when I'm on the freeway. It doesn't feel safe above 90mph, but It is completely stock with 14" wheels. I could use a little more back-seat room at times.
Overall review: This is almost as comfortable and reliable as the 5 hondas I've owned in the past, The paint is showing its age and mileage, but I've seen no rust, and the door dings are minimal. It's not a racecar, but for a daily driver that looks sporty that gets reasonable mileage, I'd recommend it to anyone.
Hassle free car by A CarPoint Consumer on 08/28/2001. Trim: 1997 Eagle Talon ESi, Owned 4 years.
Overall review: Great ride
Review ID: #201200 Is this review offensive?
great lunch start wow by alex on 06/04/2006. Trim: 1997 Eagle Talon TSi Turbo AWD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: This car as a fast acceleration 0-30mph faster than every sport car except the sti. You can easily beat a porshe boxter, mustang gt.. on 0-30 mph.
Cons: The interior is ugly grey everywere...
Overall review: Good styling, good performance, good price but ugly interior
Fast Car by An MSN Autos Consumer on 09/18/2005. Trim: 1997 Eagle Talon TSi Turbo AWD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Speed,Styling,Handling,Gas Mileage
Cons: Cheap interior elements easily break
Overall review: Great fun fast car
A lot of bang for the buck by An MSN Autos Consumer on 06/29/2004. Trim: 1997 Eagle Talon ESi, Owned 7 years.
Pros: The engine is as reliable as anything on the road (no small task for a notoriously problematic Mitsubishi powerplant). The styling is sporty and not as dated as it contemporaries. The handling for all models is excellent, however, the 16 and 17 inch wheels are a must for true power cornering. Both turbo packages make this model a pocket rocket, while the non-turbo versions won't beat most mini-vans off the line or up a hill.
Cons: The power in the non-turbo engine is near sub-par, however, that being said, the increase in fuel milage to a near 40 MPG on the highway more than makes up for it. I had to take my Talon back to the dealer on average of twice a month for my first 2 years owning the car. Craftmanship is shotty, quality control outside of the engine building was obviously not a priority. However, an extended warranty and bumper-to-bumper took care of every problem that arose (although my patience was deeply tested).
Overall review: I highly recommend this car. I'm pushing 120K miles and I have no reservations taking my Talon on extended roadtrips. I strongly suggest making sure the previous owner was attentive to maintainence. All and all, a great car that I would buy again in a second if I had the chance.
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  Next