1999 Dodge Intrepid

Nice car has stood the test of time by Go Green on 05/12/2010. Trim: 1999 Dodge Intrepid Base, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Passenger comfort in the 1999 Dodge Intrepid is supurb. Front and especially rear has plenty of room. The trunk is huge. Lots of options even on base model. For an 11 year old car the styling is still reasonably up to date. Mechanically, I have had no problems, although I have had the car only for about a year. Prior owner reported same - no major repairs or problems.
Cons: About 1 in 10 tries it will not start on first crank; but it has never failed on second try.
Overall review: For a car this age, it is quite satisfactory for all round use; great local transportation gets 18 MPG in town. My friend still drives his 2000 Intrepid that he got new and still calls it the best car he has ever owned. I like mine fine, but had a convertible years ago that was my favorite.
My worst Nightmare by Rose on 01/17/2009. Trim: 1999 Dodge Intrepid Base, Owned 4 years.
Pros: This car is roomy and handles well on the road. No complaints about the comfort inside and I liked how it looked on the outside.
Cons: This car is not worth a nickle. Out of every car I have owned in my life this one was the worst!!! I bought it used w a warranty and it had a little over 100k. 5 weeks after purchasing the engine locked up. The engined was replaced with one that had 70k and after getting it back 5 days later it blew!!! had to replace again.. after that it ran for about a year w no major probs. Than it started happening all over again... major bucks to repair this car. and dodge made this engine backwards.. everything that needs fixing is located in the bottom or under neath something. Some mechanics even turned me away and said they felt sorry for me. Finally the engine blew again. BAD car.
Overall review: I would never buy a dodge product again, the intrepid has traumitized me. I had honda's before and NEVER had a prob. Then I let my husband talk me into buying the Dodge Incrapid, and life was a nightmare since. I am now the proud owner of HONDA again and sorry I strayed... Dodge should be ashamed for making such a poor quality car engine wise... the 2.7 liter engine is bad. Looks good but over all. dont buy a dodge intrepid
Good buy by John from Ontario. on 01/13/2009. Trim: 1999 Dodge Intrepid ES, Owned 4 years.
Pros: The ride is comfortable, especially on long trips. There is plenty of interior and trunk room. Styling is good, as is fuel consumption. I have over 170,000 kms (100,000 miles) and still drive it coast to coast without concern. The 3.2 ltr engine still sounds like it is new and does not burn any oil. I have not had any "major" drive train issues, i.e. engine, transmission, cooling. New non-OEM replacement parts are plentiful, and cheap.
Cons: Expect to replace the air conditioning around 100k. The battery is not accessable under the hood. Battery cables fail due to salt corrosion from below. Expect some non-maintenance repairs every year you own one.
Overall review: This is my 4th used Intrepid (1993, 1995 ES,1998, and current 1999 ES). All required air conditioning around 100,000 miles or more. None had engine, transmission, or cooling system failure. All were all reliable with good cost per mile, especially considering the low initial "used car" price. I am overall very pleased with this, and all my pevious Intrepids. I bought my current Intrepid 3 years ago for $9500 Cdn with only 57,000 km (35,000 miles) on it. The cost per mile is relatively cheap considering the initial cost and repair put into it over that time period. Typical repairs included: air conditioning, cam or crank sensors, etc. I would recommend an Intrepid if the purchase price is right and it was well maintained by it's previoius owner(s).
Good Ol' car by Miss Foxxi on 07/08/2004. Trim: 1999 Dodge Intrepid Base, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Always in style look, rides smoothly, and good passon to younger siblings and etc.
Cons: Hard for parking in
Overall review: Would suggest for first car...especially those in college, good party/road trip car. Currently as 95,000 miles and runs better than some new cars I've driven in. My friends tend to say,
99 Intrepid by steve51 from Mayfield, ky on 07/17/2002. Trim: 1999 Dodge Intrepid ES, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: good performance good styling great gas mileage good insurance rating
Cons: ac could be better minor power window problems. radiator cooling fan motors could be a little stronger
Overall review: I would recommend this vehicle for its overall performance, ride handling and appearance. But it does seem to have little problems that that seem to pop up every few weeks. so far nothing major, just annoying