1998 Dodge Avenger

1998 Dodge Avenger Prices
1998 Dodge Avenger Fuel Economy
Great Look by Italian Princess in Milwaukee, WI on 07/23/2003. Trim: 1998 Dodge Avenger Base, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I love the look of the vehicle. With the windows tinted, it makes it look even better. I get tons of compliments on it. I like the room in the backseat as well as the trunk. Seats are comfortable as well.
Cons: I've had to put some money into the car. Tires are expensive, and have had to do front brakes twice within a year. Also am worried about possibly having to fix transmission since that seems to be the problem with this car. Turning radius completely sucks.
Overall review: I was excited to finally own an avenger after always wanting one. Even though I've had to sink some money into the car, I love driving it.
Be prepared to spend money. by Kelia on 05/18/2011. Trim: 1998 Dodge Avenger Base, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I love this car. It drives great, and it's very easy on the eyes. It has a lot of get up and go in it.
Cons: I have spent over 2,000 on this car trying to fix everything that is wrong with it. I've had to replace ball joints and barrens on the driver side which cost about 800 since they no longer make many parts for the 1998. I've had to replace the starter, the battery a couple times, and it goes through spark plugs and wires. It leaks oil and power steering fluid. The moon roof leaks, the spoilers fall off easily, and the clear coat starts to peel off. Finding somebody to actually work on these cars is hard to do, and when you find someone be prepared to pay a lot for the littlest things.
Overall review: It's a good car minus all that ^. I love my car I'd pay just about anything to fix it. It is one of the best running cars I've rode in. I wouldn't recommend it though if you don't have the money to put in it, and it seems like no matter how much money you put in it, it is still broken.
98 Avenger ES In Showroom Condition by Len610 Freeport, Illinois on 03/04/2007. Trim: 1998 Dodge Avenger ES, Owned 9 years.
Pros: Bought this care new in 98 and still own. Great styling, built with quality metal, no rust problems, paint excellent, interior comfort good, great stereo, excellent instrumentation with amber lighting, easy on eyes, loaded with extras, roomy trunk, very bright headlighting, handles great, lots of get up and go, very good mileage (28 average, 32 high on highway), excellent cooling system with two cooling fans, cannot overheat, 9 years old and still looks showroom new, you have to see it
Cons: door handle broke once, alternator went out and barely made it home, everything is electronic including transmission which didn't work right with low power, alternator very expensive and hard to get hold of, car was laid up for 4 days, poor alloy wheels, did not hold up very good and replaced with FondMetal racing 17" wheels, much better, tires are low profile and very expensive as are alloy wheels, but that goes with owning a sports car
Overall review: I keep this car garaged now that I own a Dakota truck, it never sees snow or bad weather, it is basically my toy car and I still love tooling around town in it pretty much the same as the day I bought it, I know it looks great and runs great, if you can pick one up cheap and in good shape, I highly recommend it.
It would make a good car for anyone by An MSN Autos Consumer on 11/20/2004. Trim: 1998 Dodge Avenger Base, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I like the way this car handles. It is fun to go on a curvy road with it. Granted it is no supercar, it does have it's pleasing moments. It also has an interior that does not creak very much, It feels farely solid and well-built. The styling of this car is nice, it hasn't aged as much as some of the other cars from 1998, because it still resembles the current stratus coupe in many ways. Love the gas mileage!
Cons: My car is the 4 cyl. model with an automatic transmission, and I feel that it is definitely lacking in the acceleration department. It does get the job done, but not much extra. I have also noticed that on not only my car, but every other Avenger/Sebring that the headlights' smooth texture turns rough with age. I have had my car for almost three years and it has gotten worse since I got it. The lights are still bright, but the interference from the clear shell does not let the light reach it's maximum potential. The ride is a little on the harsh side, but keep in mind that it handles well, so it's all a matter of preference.
Overall review: I have not had any problems out of this car, and will probably keep it for a couple more years. It has been a very good first car for me, and would definitely make a good car for anyone who was looking for a driver friendly mode of transportation.
Avenge This by Rick from Cleveland on 08/28/2001. Trim: 1998 Dodge Avenger ES, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Great Appearance, has required minimal amount of service. Purchased new in 1998 and now has 60,000 miles
Cons: Rims are like butter. Small bumps cause rim to peel back and are outrageously expensive. have gone through 3 in 3 years. Performance in 6 cylinder ES is acceptable, but catch the downshifts wrong and it screams like a banshee if floored.
Overall review: Great Car with classic looks. Leather and Infinity Stereo are great.Needs about 40 more horsepower and stronger steel rims. Starting to get annoying squeeks and rattles from trunk area.Car has never had any mechanical problems. Engine and transmission operating great.
Review ID: #201299 Is this review offensive?