1998 Dodge Ram 1500

1998 Dodge Ram 1500 Prices
1998 Dodge Ram 1500 Fuel Economy
1998 dodge ram by justrammin in ak on 03/07/2010. Trim: 1998 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 6.5-ft. Bed 4WD, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: I like the ride height and that it still has the solid front axle with coil spring suspension to give you the feeling of riding in a truck and not a car
Cons: the fuel mileage isn't all that great 8 - 10 mpg in city 15 - 17 hwy
Overall review: Overall this truck has given me 12 years of virtually no major problems with over 174000 miles and still going
BEAST by ace from Kc on 01/03/2012. Trim: 1998 Dodge Ram 1500 Club Cab 6.5-ft. Bed 4WD, Owned 7 years.
Pros: gets up and goes every day, never lets me down and has scored me some dates
Cons: other than the tranny replacement nothing wrong with her
Overall review: 1998 dodge ram 1500 crew cab, v8 mag 5.9 360 MUST GET ONE
The biggest joke ever by Jason on 03/28/2012. Trim: 1998 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 6.5-ft. Bed 2WD, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: PRO's lol what PROS
Cons: engine trans and brakes are a joke
Overall review: this truck is a joke my f-150 with the 5.0l v8 got 16 city 20 hwy fan and drove so much smother this thing is not event worth to be sold as scrap
Dependable truck by An MSN Autos Consumer on 04/10/2010. Trim: 1998 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 6.5-ft. Bed 2WD, Owned 8 years.
Pros: Very dependable truck. Adequate power for pulling 17 1/2 foot fiber glass bassboat or 16 foot trailer loaded with three "four wheelers". Ride is very smooth on the highway and will cruise at over 80 for extended periods of time with little effort on the engine.
Cons: Extremely poor gas mileage, 13 to 14 in city and about 17 on the highway. I would expect better from a small V8 although this is still more efficient then what was originally forecasted for this truck model when it was brand new (13 city ... 16 highway).
Overall review: Bought in 2002, when the truck had only 42,000 miles on it, it now has approximately 90,000 miles. The only problem so far has been that both the ABS and brake light indicators illuminated on the dash when the truck reached about 70,000 miles. At that time, the speedometer would also failed to operate if the truck was traveling under 25 mph. No problem; I fixed the issue myself by replacing the speed sensor in the rear differential. Other then that minor glitch, the truck has always started and the vehicle my family requests to take when we travel for vacation. Brakes and rotors have never been a problem and I have over 40,000 miles on this last set. For the most part, equity on this vehicle is not that high when you try to trade in for another vehicle (unless of course it ends up on a car lot at which time it's value becomes priceless). But that should not be a problem if you have no intention of replacing a vehicle, which I don't. I have enjoyed owning the truck.
The Dodge by El Londo from Central Nebraska on 07/16/2009. Trim: 1998 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 6.5-ft. Bed 4WD, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: I bought my Dodge new in Sept. 1998 and it still runs great, with over 200K miles. Very dependable. Great ride and comfort. (I am 6'2 and 240). Pulls effortlessly.
Cons: Fuel economy. Last years $4 pg put me on the path to BR.
Overall review: Very roomy....who needs a tent or camper. Great for outdoors activities.