1997 Dodge Avenger

1997 Dodge Avenger Prices
1997 Dodge Avenger Fuel Economy
Dont do it! by blond car on 10/12/2009. Trim: 1997 Dodge Avenger ES, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: I just love the way the car looks. It really is a cool looking sporty but spacious car.
Cons: Oh Boy.. the price for vanity has been steep. This is my second one. The first one gave me so many problems at first that I got the dealer to take it back under the lemon law. I foolishly thought that it was a fluke. Unfortunatly just as with the first car the transmission went out and needed to be replaced. I have been hit with constant mechanical and electrical problems with the car as well. And I am the cars one and only owner and this car was given only the best oils and care her whole life. This is an example of a pretty car with no substance. to top it all off the freeking pain is chipping and pealing off of it for no reason. seen a few around and they all have the same problem.
Overall review: Dont do it! For me I have to keep it.. only because I have put soooo much money into this car over the years that I cant get myself to junk it. So I got it painted and got another transmiission from the junk yard ..but who knows how long that one will last. SO unless you have a real full time car dont buy this one. But if you have a real car and want this one and can afford the maintence, go for it.. it looks great .... especially with crome rims. But more times than not it will be stuck in your driveway... or on the tow truck... of and be careful of the oil pan when you get it towed...i scraped mine a few times on the driveway. take care
An unfortunate buy for me by An MSN Autos Consumer on 06/16/2003. Trim: 1997 Dodge Avenger ES, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Handles well. Sporty design. Decent pick-up and gas mileage. Comfortable leather seating. Good sound system.
Cons: Mechanically unsound. As previous entries state, I've had to replace all four O2 sensors THREE times, and I only have 87K miles on the car. Had problems locating inexpensive 17" tires; had to change rims on the car 3x (weather and road conditions kept warping them, causing my tires to leak air). Doesn't handle U-turns well... car seems to move only in a 3-point turn fashion. Car only accepts Mopar (Chrysler) parts, which are outrageously expensive... and not worth a penny!!!
Overall review: Caveat emptor - buyer beware. Do your research first and be prepared to repair the car frequently.
UNhappy Dodge Owner by TUC on 02/07/2003. Trim: 1997 Dodge Avenger ES, Owned 6 years.
Pros: The price and the appearance of the car.
Cons: I bought this car brand new and had nothing but trouble with it. There was always a light coming on the dashboard. My last straw came when it left me stranded on the highway when the torque converter blew up!
Overall review: I will never buy a Dodge again.
exceptional car by bigdog on 01/31/2003. Trim: 1997 Dodge Avenger ES, Owned less than 1 year.
Overall review: great car
Dodge Avenger by A MSN Autos Consumer on 12/17/2002. Trim: 1997 Dodge Avenger ES, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Great sound system. Comfortable fun car to drive.
Cons: Replaced transmission at 70K miles. O2 sensors replaced a couple of times. Check engine light comes on too frequently.
Overall review: An aesthetically pleasing car, but make sure you have a service agreement.