1997 Dodge Neon

1997 Dodge Neon Prices
1997 Dodge Neon Fuel Economy
THE DODGE by ANNA GROTON,CT on 10/10/2002. Trim: 1997 Dodge Neon Coupe, Owned 5 years.
Pros: ILIKE THAT IN THE FIVE YEARS I'VE HAD IT. THE CAR HAS GIVEN ME VERY LITTLE TROUBLE, ACTUALLY NONE.
Cons: THE PAINT IN MY MAKE/MODLE CAR CHIPS. THEY SAY IT ISA PRODUCT MALFUNCTION.
Overall review: I
reliable 4 cyclinder by An MSN Autos Consumer on 10/30/2009. Trim: 1997 Dodge Neon Highline sedan, Owned 4 years.
Pros: the car seems to be quit reliable and as long as you do the regular up keep it seems to basically care free. i owned mine for about3 years and me and my daughter both use it and i have no complaints.did blow head gasket but was do from not replacing radiator cap.(that wasn't no fault of the car) i know of the promblem.
Cons: only real complaint is the ouside noise.
Overall review: its a good little car with regular maintenant as any car needs
One Great Buy by Kris from Lancaster, PA on 12/29/2007. Trim: 1997 Dodge Neon Coupe, Owned 3 years.
Pros: The fact that I've had few problems with this car. Nothing out of the range of an AVERAGE DIY'er. I can say this knowing that the previous owner had the head gasket done based on reputation only, not from failure. Gas mileage. I've made 2 trips from PA to IN at 75 mph with cruise control and got 43 mpg each time.
Cons: Slight clear coat chipping. Replaced headlights, rubber surrounds, and bulbs due to wear and yellowing. Struts done due to the HORRIBLE road conditions in PA. Slight rear end noise from someone else hitting me. All this from an 11 year old car. I bought it for $2300, and couldn't ask for more.
Overall review: Other than the head gasket situation that some people have experienced, I think this is a graet car. I believe that every Neon on the road must have had the gasket replaced by now. If they had a competant shop use a non-OEM gasket, these cars are good to go, if taken care of. I've seen some "buckets" in my city, so watch what you buy. If you have an ounce of mecahanical ability in you, these cars are great. As for the EGR problem, a little carb cleaner on the diaphram and some more in the vacuum line, and good to go. At least in my experience. Just dis-connect the battery for a few minutes after doing this to clear the "check engine light."
Review ID: #520797 Is this review offensive?
Excellent Buy by Daveharvia on 08/24/2003. Trim: 1997 Dodge Neon Sedan, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Never had any problems other than regular maintenance. Take care of it and it will last. Very happy with vehicle.
Cons: New models of car have many more options and improvements, still love my car though.
Overall review: Would definitley buy this car again...just in a different color.
Neon by Madmonk210 on 10/19/2002. Trim: 1997 Dodge Neon Sedan, Owned 3 years.
Pros: It has a lot of head room and it's a nice cruising car.
Cons: I've went through 1 engine already and 1 transmission. and at that time I only had 100,000 miles on the tranny and when the engine went out I had 113000. The newer ones are a lot better.
Overall review: no comment
Review ID: #319600 Is this review offensive?