1997 Dodge Ram 1500

1997 Dodge Ram 1500 Prices
1997 Dodge Ram 1500 Fuel Economy
Good truck by justin on 10/26/2010. Trim: 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 ST Club Cab 6.5-ft. Bed 4WD, Owned 8 years.
Pros: very stylish exterior, powerful engine(5.9L), reliable
Cons: interior styling, no passenger airbag, issues I've had with this truck- radiator failed 150$, water pump failed 75$, wheel bearing failed 130$, seats tear easily, air bag light began to come on due to wiring issues in steering wheel column also ignition wiring problem in steering column, front and rear bumpers have paint issues where paint chips away easily and rusts this occurs on all dodge trucks with the painted bumper.
Overall review: Good truck pretty reliable and very stylish, this truck is great for towing almost any load and can drive up pretty much any terrain. This is a great truck although i would highly recommend buying one year newer because any of the dodge trucks below 1998 tend to have issues with automatic transmission failure, not to mention the interior styling on the 98 and above is entirely different and much more improved.
Best money I ever spent by An MSN Autos Consumer on 09/13/2010. Trim: 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 ST Club Cab 6.5-ft. Bed 2WD, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: I bought mine used in 1999 with 8K miles. I now have 225K on it. I've kept it in great shape mechanically and it has been good to me. in 2009 I replaced most of the suspension, brake parts and exhaust. This year I will put in a new performance tranny, able to handle a performance engine output of 500HP. I'll keep mine for another 10 years before deciding if I should buy a new one or another vehicle. I love this one for moving stuff, hauling , long road trips, everything!
Cons: Goes through Brakes unless you buy racing brakes (more and better braking material) The tranny is the only bad thing I've heard about this vehicle over the years and usually in the 4 x 4's. To correct this problem, it's best to upgrade to a performance tranny, a remanufactured one is usually around $1600- $2300, labor will be another $600, trade in (core charge) another $500. Biggest thing to spend money on here is torque converter. The 318 I have as my engine may never die, replacing the tranny with a performance tranny when the time comes due, will allow original users to keep it for 20 year easy.
Overall review: Overall. For the time I've had it, stuff I've done with it, it's paid for itself over and over, so I give it a 10 out of 5.
Best 2 grand ever spent!!! by 4wheelin in Western New York on 05/01/2010. Trim: 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 ST Club Cab 6.5-ft. Bed 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Great truck i just love it owned it for 6 months now and at 223k miles it pulls my 2500lb camper with ease. Great interior.
Cons: The blasted cup holders sheesh already had to shampoo my carpet several times brakes seem a little weak as well.
Overall review: Going from a ranger to a 1500 a huge boost i'm definately a mopar guy now i'll keep it till it falls apart. Would recommend to anyone.
1 Good Truck by Big D from South Carolina on 04/25/2008. Trim: 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 LT Reg. Cab 8-ft. Bed 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I've only had the truck for 4 months but man she rides good. It had over 190,000 miles on it and still runs like brand new accept for a/c. I love the spacious cab room and visibility. My step-father cut grass for a living and he has 2 older models and they both pull John Deere tractors easily. Also my friend and his dad own cattle and the both have the new HEMI and 2001 1500 quad cab. Excellent around the farm.
Cons: To be honest so far i haven't had anything to complain about so far and maybe thats because the previous owner serviced the truck as scheduled at the dealership. The braking system is a lil shabby but not that bad.
Overall review: The truck has all interstate miles because it was used for a concrete finishing buisness, but i tell you if all Dodge trucks run this good i'll be buying another one 1 day.
Best truck I have ever owned by Dopar for Mopar on 04/07/2008. Trim: 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 LT Reg. Cab 8-ft. Bed 2WD, Owned 7 years.
Pros: This was, by far, the best riding, most dependable truck I have ever owned. Very comfortable, long trips or short. Outstanding power. Infrequent and usually minor problems until the last six months. Very solid feel to the truck.
Cons: Major repairs (other than routine maintenance) since 2001, with 163,500 miles of service: timing chain and cover, power steering gear box, alternator, A/C compressor, sun roof
Overall review: The absolute reason I (sniff, sniff) parted with my '97 Ram was that it was regular cab, and my son just got out of his car seat. I do not feel confident with a small child riding in the front seat of anything, even though I did when I was his age. Times have changed.