1996 Dodge Stratus

1996 Dodge Stratus Prices
1996 Dodge Stratus Fuel Economy
Stratusfied by Drifting Stratus on 02/05/2005. Trim: 1996 Dodge Stratus Base, Owned 9 years.
Pros: The car has great handling, lots of room, excellent in the snow, and looks descent. The suspension was designed by Emerson Fitipaldi and you can tell. For a good size car it handles great.
Cons: The only problem is it is sooooo slow. I have a 5 speed 2.0L and this car needs a V6 but the 6 is only available with automatic.
Overall review: I would say a 7 out of 10 overall for its category. It is great to moderate in everything except acceleration. It tops out at 105 which really is not fast.
A Great Car All Around by A CarPoint Consumer on 06/06/2002. Trim: 1996 Dodge Stratus Base, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Very dependable, my care has almost 160,000 miles on it and I have done very little more than normal maintenance. It is quiet on the road and rides very smooth. Cheap to insure and a very nice looking car.
Cons: The cupholders in the front won't hold a pop bottle because the dash comes down too far.
Overall review: I really like my car, and I plan to keep it for about more years and when I trade it I plan to buy a new Stratus.
4-door sports car by "Mature teenager from Georgia" on 04/18/2002. Trim: 1996 Dodge Stratus ES, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Dependable; stylish; trouble-free maintenance; good gas mileage; adequate passenger space; large trunk storage; excellent handling
Cons: Beverage holders not convenient or large enough, a center console with storage would be helpful, also
Overall review: I love my Stratus! I will probably purchase another newer model.
A real looser by A CarPoint Consumer on 12/26/2001. Trim: 1996 Dodge Stratus Base, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Great on gas mileage.
Cons: Goes through brake shoes like theres no tomorrow. Rides like a horse drawn wagon. Everything under the hood leaks. Factory fixed head gasket twice and still leaks. Trans shifts rough and leaks a quart of fluid every two weeks. The biggest piece of crap I ever owned.
Overall review: Don't buy this turkey.
Great looks but no muscle by JG from St.Paul, MN. on 03/11/2001. Trim: 1996 Dodge Stratus Base, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Very roomy,good fuel economy,comfortable ride.
Cons: Our 2.4 4cyl. has many problems. Rear main oil seal leaks. Blown head gasket. Idler pulley broke off. Our engine had 75,000 miles on it.
Overall review: I will never buy the Chrysler 4cyl. again. The car would be great as a trailer.