1996 Dodge Neon

1996 Dodge Neon Prices
1996 Dodge Neon Fuel Economy
LOOKS ARE SOOO DECEIVING!! by junior on 04/24/2011. Trim: 1996 Dodge Neon Coupe, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: the exterior and interior appearance , thats about it, as well as the the orange instrumental lighting zippy and can get up and go but wouldnt recomment doing that on regular basis, it knowing long term the engine cant handle that. i bought it NOT knowing the engine history on this type of vehicle. darn my ignorance and bad luck
Cons: just about everything else. looks MUST be deceiving because things kept going wrong every time i turn around. i bought it after saying no more fords prior to this. this was my first dodge, unfortunately not my last. these are really made cheapy! o2 sensor went out at least 3xs. various engine problems, brakes, headlights kept burning out prematurely? why i dont know.
Overall review: very problematic vehicle, too many various engine issues DONT buy this car unless your wanting to go to the dealer or other shop on regular basis, LOOKS ARE SO deceiving!! i hit 3 different deer with it and kept running but lil things kept poppin up therfore after.
Embarrassment to Dodge/ Chrysler by Chelsea from HB, CA on 04/10/2010. Trim: 1996 Dodge Neon Sedan, Owned 1 year.
Pros: good gas mileage and plenty of room for four adults.
Cons: where do I start the speedometer stopped working at 104,000, along with everything else. The frameless windows are just terrible. Not even worth the money I spend repairing it. This thing rides rough, always shaking, acceleration is terrible, braking is even worse because the master cylinder is bad. Had to replace headgasket, need to replace suspension, A/C doesn't work, and everytime I turn the steering wheel I hear a loud CLUNK in the steering wheel column. This car makes all KINDS of noises when I'm driving and I can't seem to fix this incredibly loud exhaust leak. I will NEVER get the check engine light to go off. It would be morally wrong to resell this car to anybody but the junkyard.
Overall review: Amazing how everybody hear has the SAME problems with this horrible, horrible car. NEVER buy dodge!!
TERRIBLE. by proudtoyotaowner on 09/19/2009. Trim: 1996 Dodge Neon Sport sedan, Owned 1 year.
Pros: freaking nothing.
Cons: EVERYTHING. this was a horrible, horrible car. luckily i sold it this summer and i've never been happier with my new car. but anyway we bought the neon for $1900, and ended up paying over $3000 in repairs in the year and a half we had it. it broke down and left me stranded twice. awesome. i cant even remember all the things we repaired on it. do not buy this car!!! i will never ever buy american made cars again because of this.
Overall review: i feel really bad for the person that bought this car. sorry :/
The worst vehicle on the road by Keith - Toronto on 03/13/2008. Trim: 1996 Dodge Neon Sport coupe, Owned 10 years.
Pros: I liked the look of this car when I bought it. It was jet black and looked really sweet
Cons: Head gasket blew at 100,000 Kms. Air conditioning went out at 120,000 Kms. Then the real problems started. One electrical problem after another. From corroded wires going to the starter to my power doors not working to my dome light not working. I had to service the car 5 times due to"mis firing".The car was a pain to start and would not idle properly and the after a week of this I would be driving on the highway and the engine would just cut out. I was told it was the TPS sensor so I replaced it for $585 and it worked for a week before the engine started overheating and the rad blew. I coasted to the nearest used car lot and bought a 1995 Sunfire which proved VERY reliable
Overall review: This is the absolute worst vehicle I have ever owned and have since sworn off all Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep products and urge everyone I know to do the same.
Worth it.. unless you win the lottery and like working on cars.. no.. by An MSN Autos Consumer on 08/13/2006. Trim: 1996 Dodge Neon Coupe, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Good Gas Millage. With $3 a gallon i still only pay $30 for a week.
Cons: Gas money saved, is lost to repairs. I have put out more then twice as much money as i bought the car for. With in 4 days of buying the car my Rear main seal blew.. took 11 hours to fix one seal. The entire engine and Trans had to come out. And that was the just the start of it.. I spent $1500 on the car when i bought it.. then put $3200 into repairs..
Overall review: Dont buy this car.. Ask any mechanic and they should tell you the same thing...