1996 Dodge Avenger

1996 Dodge Avenger Prices
1996 Dodge Avenger Fuel Economy
Sporty Yet Showable Also by Brett Coshocton on 08/09/2008. Trim: 1996 Dodge Avenger ES, Owned 4 years.
Pros: The best thing about the Avenger is the handling around corners. I can get through the turns pretty quick in it. I also show mine and it does marvelous. I only have 41,625 miles, I also have an intake, Custom Rims, Spoiler, Graphics, and Interior.. It doesn't compete with the muscle or hot-rods but it gives them some competiton
Cons: The only thing I can think of that I don't like is the speed limiter.. I tend to go over the speed limit sometimes but that limiter kicks in.. :(
Overall review: Great car for someone who wants to respect there car & if they do-so it will last for a long time.. I keep mine in the storage building away from the other crazy drivers in my city
Dailey driver for 10 years by Panzer948 in Charlotte, NC on 09/20/2006. Trim: 1996 Dodge Avenger ES, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Very reliable car. For a 2-door coupe it is large without looking to much like a family car. Still looks modern even after 10 years of age, as most people don't know when the car came out. This is due to its unique styling when new and the fact that it's not as common as the standard accord, camry, tarus vehicles.
Cons: As I felt when I first purchased the car, it is a bit underpowered for its looks (since it looks so sporty). Many think that it is quikcer than it actually is. Had to repaint the car a couple of years ago. Had only had to replace the computer in 10 years of ownership. Everything else has been preventative maintenace. Does have a slight transmission leak.
Overall review: I bought this car brand new out of the dealer showroom and have never regretted my purchase. I am only on this website now because I am finally looking for a new car to replace the Avenger as my daily driver and was comparing the size specs. But the car has been so reliable, I have decided to keep it even after my purchase.
"Bang for the Buck" by Drivin' in Nebraska on 04/21/2005. Trim: 1996 Dodge Avenger Base, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Quality car, even after 200,000 miles. oil leak, but not to serious. Fantastic gas mileage
Cons: Slow exceleration, can be noisy, windows have trouble rolling down somtimes.
Overall review: Cheap reliable transportation, great college car or work car.
Great but eats brakes by Melissa from Michigan on 01/22/2005. Trim: 1996 Dodge Avenger ES, Owned 6 years.
Pros: It looks great and drives like a tank. We bought our's used with a sports package upgrade to it, so it has a lot of pickup and go. I love the alarm and the sound system, and the interior is gorgeous and comfortable. At 10 years old, it has had no major mechanical problems.
Cons: We've had to replace the brakes and rotors numerous times because the pads are poorly designed. Since they're too small, they warp the rotors quickly. We tried remedying the problem by installing drilled, slotted rotors, but it only prolonged the life an extra few months. It also costs a lot to make any repairs - almost $250 to have the fuel filter replaced, since it's housed in the gas tank.
Overall review: Great styling, but pricey to repair.
A Good Car, but not a Sports Car. by The Coty on 06/29/2004. Trim: 1996 Dodge Avenger ES, Owned 2 years.
Pros: It's a very nice car , but I don't think it should be called a sports car when family sedans can easily blow it out of the water. It has very nice interior that is very close to being the same as the eclipse cars of the same year.
Cons: It can out run some cars in the long run because it can top out around 135. In the 1/4 mile almost any car is faster. I think this car should not be consider a sports car. The transmission was built to withstand minimal stress at the best. The transmission is said to be the most replaced thing on the car.
Overall review: a good car to drive and it looks great, but it's not fast compared to anything with a bigger v-6 or 4 bangers