1995 Dodge Caravan

1995 Dodge Caravan pictures are not available
1995 Dodge Caravan Prices
1995 Dodge Caravan Fuel Economy
buy w/ caution......... by caravan owner for 5 yrs on 03/15/2004. Trim: 1995 Dodge Caravan Base, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Was wonderful when we bought it (leased vehicle prior). Had great a/c and heat, seats very comfortable, dual airbag great w/just 2 kids(3rd on the way ) and a dog. we live in GA, and it has made more trips to FL then I have, several trips to OH, TN,and SC. Pretty good value at the time.Still rust free!
Cons: Where to start? Depreciates very quickly. had it for maybe 8 weeks when the airbag recall came out.Back seats very difficult to remove. A/c belt broke, needs constant freon rechg, oil leaks, once lost an engine bolt. rear latch bolt for tail gate fell out--Daimler no longer makes the part to fix...plastic interiors ashtrays,upholstery clips fall out, as did mirror. Transmission problems. Electrical problems w/radio/clock/cass...Headlights keep going out more often than any other vehicle...wish for more leg room in rearmost seat. Very noisy int--must yell to be heard btwn front and backseats.
Overall review: parts fairly inexpensive. Really wish I had bought the Oddessy that sat next to this one on the lot. Hinddsight is 20/20,I guess. Bottom line, it'll probably run forever, but will nickel and dime us to death doing so....really like the 2005 line coming out,but very hesitant to buy another Dodge product. One friend had a 1995 Grand caravan left on side of the road when tranny failed, another had a 97 base and traded it when they learned it would cost $3000 to fix transmission problems.
They don't make 'em like they used to! by Space Angel, Seattle on 04/14/2009. Trim: 1995 Dodge Caravan SE, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: My van is now 14 years old, 107,000 miles on the engine and still going strong (crossed-fingers). the paint is still great, no rust. At about 5 years the head-gasket was replaced, at 10 years the engine check light came on. My mechanic told me to ignore it because it did not involve the engine but rather the catalytic converter. I bought the van new, the shorter version, removed the two rows of seats in back leaving a huge space for hauling everything I need, great for traveling and camping, I can sleep protected in the van.
Cons: The fan is not strong enough. All vehicles need air-vents that can be opened manually to get outside air into the cabin without rolling down the windows. Dodge needs a classier, more modern look to the "cockpit, dashboard assembly." Dodge needs to build the smaller version again, without all the cubby holes and drink holders...can we all say "What were they thinking?" No wonder Dodge is skidding downward...they need classy designers! Whoops, sorry...love my van. If Dodge ever builds another small van, a decent looking one, I may buy...and the person I give my old van to will get an almost new looking machine with a brand new interior, seats that were never used.
Overall review: "I Love My 14 Year-old Van!"
Dodge.. the money pit by An MSN Autos Consumer on 04/13/2008. Trim: 1995 Dodge Caravan LE, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Nothing
Cons: I bought this new in 1995 and around 65,000 miles the first transmission went out. At 185,000 miles i donated this to the salvation army after the 3 transmissions and 2 engine replacements. The Dodge dealerships added insult to injury everytime i brought it in. It turned out this vehicle was a money pit. I would have been lucky to get 200.00 for this running. Dodge vehicles do not hold value at all. Never buy a Dodge/Chrysler vehicle. MSN ratings on vehicles are Misleading! Check out 7 to 10 year track records on vehicles with consumer reports Stick with Toyota ,Lexus or Honda.
Overall review: MSN review not correct for reliability
Nice Minivan by Pills58 on 03/22/2008. Trim: 1995 Dodge Caravan Grand SE, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Easy to drive and smooth ride.
Cons: Had to replace transmission with 128000 miiles on vehicle.
Overall review: It is a great family car and come in handy when you have alot of people to haul.
Best non-car ever by An MSN Autos Consumer on 04/19/2007. Trim: 1995 Dodge Caravan Grand SE, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: It is amazingly fast and sweet.
Cons: It's gas mileage
Overall review: Amazing