1998 Chrysler Cirrus

1998 Chrysler Cirrus Prices
1998 Chrysler Cirrus Fuel Economy
Cirrus - on Cloud 9 by An MSN Autos Consumer on 08/19/2011. Trim: 1998 Chrysler Cirrus LXi, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Bought brand new in May 1998 I drove trouble free for 4 years 72,000 miles, then gave to my then 16 year old daughter. She drove the next 8-9 years we now have 150K miles and I got it back and use for work. Routine maintenance is about all we have had to do.
Cons: They don't make them anymore I would love to buy a new one for work.
Overall review: Great Value Dependable and good mileage
poor john by A CarPoint Consumer on 10/03/2002. Trim: 1998 Chrysler Cirrus LXi, Owned 3 years.
Cons: The body has developed a recurring problem with rust. Hood replaced, door repainted. Other doors now showing rust.
Overall review: I would not recommend this vehicle to anyone.
classy car for little money by kitten on 04/09/2002. Trim: 1998 Chrysler Cirrus LXi, Owned 2 years.
Pros: handling is gread preformance is great and its a sharp looking car
Cons: for some one over 6 ft there is very little head and foot room. Gas milage could be improved
Overall review: we enjoy the coments that we get from others about the car and on a long distance trip for ppl under 6 ft its a very comfort ride and the handleing is wonderful
roomy mid size car with sporty flair by Merle Mudflap from Baltimore MD USA on 06/21/2006. Trim: 1998 Chrysler Cirrus LXi, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Roomy for it's size. Lots of standard features. Cornering ability. Great traction in the snow.
Cons: Transmission must be serviced with Chrysler fluid! Tie rod ends, brakes weak. Headlights could be brighter. Poor crash test ratings.
Overall review: I owned this car for 5 years, bought it used. It had 158k on the odometer when the repairs needed were more than the car's worth. Trunk size was huge and the car was very dependable. Sound system was very nice as was the air conditioner. The car handled well too. The ride was not spongy but reminded me of a sports sedan from Europe. Only after I bought the car did I realise that the crash test performance was poor but positive handling and std ABS might help avoid an accident in the first place. The Cirrus was always a good snow car, I had no problem getting around in 3-6 inches of snow. Be prepared to replace tie rod ends often as well as brake components. Watch for ignition/distributor/computer problems. This is what finally did my car in.
Dependable Transportation by Bairdman Dallas TX on 06/16/2003. Trim: 1998 Chrysler Cirrus LXi, Owned 5 years.
Pros: My Cirrus overall has been a good vehicle. I have over 90,000 miles on mine and it still drives well. The paint job has stood up well to the intense Texas weather and the engine has never given me any trouble.
Cons: I have had a few repairs, mainly leaking freeze plugs. I also had electrical problems caused by jumping the battery. ( Never jump your car off of a running vehicle ). Also the road noise is somewhat excessive. I also do not like the placement of the fuel fillter, it is above the gas tank and the tank must be removed to change the filter.
Overall review: Overall I would have to rate my Cirrus high. My personal yard stick on a vehicle is, will I drive it after it's paid for or buy something new. Mine was paid off 6/03 and I plan to drive it for at least two more years. It still drives well and looks good. It has lived up to my expextations for what I paid.