1998 Chrysler Town & Country

1998 Chrysler Town & Country Prices
1998 Chrysler Town & Country Fuel Economy
Great as Truck, expect 200K-plus by Paul in Wisconsin on 03/16/2012. Trim: 1998 Chrysler Town & Country LXi, Owned 9 years.
Pros: I use mine as a truck. I installed a tow hitch and tow 3,000 easily. Great suspension, brakes great, 3.8 V6 is perfect. Body does not rust out, except around the rear wheel wells and the lower right part of the tailgate. Anywhere from 18 to 24 mpg.
Cons: This year has the bad tranny, but so what when it goes at 140,000 have it rebuilt and it will go another 100K. These also have a dash printed circuit problem. When it occurs, the van's odometer won't light up. When it happens the printed circuit panel is cracked and the van won't start. If you try to start it 3 times in a row the computer thinks it is being stolen and then it shuts down for 30 minutes. The fix costs less than $300. In the meantime, if it happens, hit the dash above the speedometer -- like a Karate chop a couple of times. If the odometer lights up the van will start -- just don't try to start it 3 times in a row if the odometer doesn't light up.
Overall review: I love mine. It hauls vegetables on 125 mile trips. Comfortable and easy to handle, even with a load. I've towed loaded trailers in Chicago traffic at 80 mph and stopped on a dime. Just be prepared for a $2,000 tranny rebuilt at 140,000 and don't expect more than 240K out of one. I've owned 4, one died at 265K, another at 240K. My '98 has 155K and my '00 has 210K, but this will it's last year.
Won me over by Robby on 06/13/2008. Trim: 1998 Chrysler Town & Country LXi, Owned 7 years.
Pros: I was not happy when my wife decided to get his van, because I've never owned a Chysler before. I have to say this van has won my over. Trouble free except for repairing the A/C once. This is the nicest vehicle, so comfortable and has a solid feel. We bought it used in 2001 and still have it to this day. Smooth acceleration, great seats, no blind spots, nothing but good, good, good for us!
Cons: The clear coat is going. The brakes are weak, give yourself plenty of stopping distance. Other than that all good.
Overall review: Just an all around good van. We average 21mpg and like it a lot.
I won't give this vehicle up until it absolutely cannot go another inch. by Sharon - soon to be on the road again on 04/28/2007. Trim: 1998 Chrysler Town & Country LXi, Owned 6 years.
Pros: It does everything we need, from car-camping in the Rockies to hauling HUGE loads to towing. At nearly 10 yrs old the exterior is still flawless, the performance continues to satisfy, and the flexibility still amazes us. Dependable - it has taken me coast to coast with zero problems. We are still impressed with how much this vehicle suits our very diverse needs.
Cons: Wish we had the newer 'stow & go' seats - bench is relatively easily maneuvered but the captains seats are a bit heavy, ackward and occasionally difficult to latch back in place. Also wish the leather seat was repairable if it tears.
Overall review: Have had 6 yrs now, put 110+k of the nearly 150k on van - as expected put in new transaxle @ 120k, no other problems. We are 2nd owners, in our 50's+, and have used the van for every imaginable scenario. Long trips are a breeze, cargo capacity is incredible, comfortable is operative word. My handicapped mother can get in and out more easily than in her own car, loves road trips with me. Goes up and down mountains with ease. Operates well in hot temps, starts up first time in below zero (love those heated seats!) Moved in it from KS to WA, so have used in all kinds of conditions. Gripes? Leather drivers seat eventually tore, not fixable. I put a sheepskin on the seat. Wish the passenger front seat slid further aft. Would like the captains seats to latch in place more easily. Praise? DEPENDABLE! Our first 4-door van; love the accessability. Can move seats around for incredible flexibility: with bench seat forward & leave out the others - cargo space galore and still carries 5.
spoiled by my T&C by posum on 01/02/2004. Trim: 1998 Chrysler Town & Country LX, Owned 5 years.
Pros: The ride is most comfortable, good acceleration for a van of this size, great visibility, easy handling and all seats are comfortable for all ages. Well positioned cup holders front and rear. Good sound system by 1998 standards (both a tape and CD player).
Cons: It's a bear to hand wash.
Overall review: mine has 115,000 miles on it and purrs like a kitten. My wife says it's time for us to get a smaller vehicle since the kids are out of the house. I've looked at many other cars but I keep coming back to the T&C., I'm spoiled.
best mini van by A CarPoint Consumer on 04/11/2002. Trim: 1998 Chrysler Town & Country LX, Owned 2 years.
Pros: more lux. than windstar
Cons: not child safety ie:just goes into drive without stepping in brake
Overall review: very good