1996 Chrysler Sebring

1996 Chrysler Sebring Prices
1996 Chrysler Sebring Fuel Economy
love my sebring sebringclub net by john on 09/18/2008. Trim: 1996 Chrysler Sebring JX, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Still looks great after 13 years.
Cons: Wish they still made them.
Overall review: love my car sebringclub net
Fish tank? by Karen L - Columbia on 09/02/2003. Trim: 1996 Chrysler Sebring JX, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: It is a attractive and fun car to drive when it isn't raining.
Cons: I had numerous problems with water leaking inside the car, especially when the poor drain design by Chrysler got clogged. It seems that Chrysler thinks that a space as wide as a credit card is sufficient for water to drain that goes in the convertible top...wrong!! I had two inches of water in the floorboard of my car in a matter of minutes! As well as water leaking inside because the AC doesn't drain properly.
Overall review: I have enjoyed this car and hope that it won't rain too much, but I have gotten used to keeping towels in the car and covering the seats if it is raining.
A real looker...& a real pain! by no more Dodge/Chryslers here! on 04/12/2003. Trim: 1996 Chrysler Sebring JX, Owned 6 years.
Pros: We bought it brand new...our first new car..that was nice. And the looks and the convertible top were sweet.
Cons: Uh..where do I start? It has THE worst brakes I've ever used in a car, inexcusably horrible! The front brakes last 20,000 miles or so if you BABY them, and it takes a ton of pedal effort to get it stopped. It was in the shop constantly...and the dealership was SO bad that it took an average of 2-3 visits to fix each prob...not to mention the dents they put in it. And it had recalls for almost every part on it. No excuse really for this kind of workmanship from Chrysler...no wonder they got bought out and are going away...
Overall review: It was fun for our first Convertible.....but we'll never own another new Dodge/Chrysler product again. We had NO peace of mind at all with this car....if things weren't breaking on it or being broken by the ridiculously inept dealership, we were getting recalls on it for engines, trannies, steering assemblies...you name it. We got rid of it before the 75,000 mile extended warranty ran out because we were afraid of the major problems we would have to pay for ourselves...thank god we purchased the extra warranty coverage! It was one of the best feelings I've ever had trading that car in...what a load off my shoulders!
Phatalicious by A CarPoint Consumer on 05/10/2002. Trim: 1996 Chrysler Sebring JX, Owned 6 years.
Overall review: Nice
Money Trap by Chele from Louisville, KY on 06/13/2001. Trim: 1996 Chrysler Sebring JX, Owned 3 years.
Pros: great ride for a disabled person. easy to drive.
Cons: too many "wear and tear" items on this car. The convertible top is already in need of repair. The stitching has come apart and allows water to leak into the car behind the drivers seat. The passenger window has had to have the controls replaced twice. My rear window defroster wire has become unattached and the only way to get that repaired is to buy an entire new window for $800. I have yet to find out how much the top is going to cost me.
Overall review: It's a real shame that this car has so many problems that the rep says are wear and tear. I can't see any way that a convertible top should be in this state in 5 years. My Geo Tracker never had a problem with the convertible top. What is even more discouraging is that Chrysler will not take any responsibility for the poor workmanship that they used to make my car. I love the car. I have had 31 operations and it is the most comfortable car that I have found. I will never buy another one. If a company can't stand behind their product, I don't need to buy it. That includeds the Ram that we had intended to buy this summer.