1999 Chevrolet Cavalier

Fun little cavalier by Karina in Salt Lake City on 03/27/2011. Trim: 1999 Chevrolet Cavalier RS Coupe, Owned 3 years.
Pros: I love how cute and sporty it looks. It's all white( which i love, my boyfriend has a '98 cav with the ugly grey unpainted bumbers), 2dr is great, its a good excuse to not give people rides in the backseat cause no one wants to crawl in. I love the spoiler in the back, it adds to the sportyness. I like how the backseat can fold over and big things can be shoved through the trunk and into the back, about as close as you can get to a hatchback. The stiff suspension is my favorite, I hate a car that rolls when turning corners, and this cav can turn some pretty fast/sharp corners.The gas mileage is good 30-33 mpg highway, and the stock sound system has pretty good speakers.
Cons: The car starts to shake and rattle at about 90 mph. The plastic dash piece that's around the windshield is all cracked, apparently that's something that all cavaliers have. I just ducktaped it so it wouldn't rattle on highway drives, kinda ghetto. The transmission is very slow at shifting and sometimes can't make up it's mind. which can be annoying cause the engine will rev up forever before it shifts. I just got a new tranny after running over a huge rock at night (my fault), and that kinda sucked.
Overall review: All in all, this is a fun first car. bought it used from a dealership, the previous owner was an old couple and they barely drove it, so I got an amazing deal, had barely any miles on it. I dont pay much in maintenance and it really is fun to drive. If you drive like a crazy person like me, its pretty tough and can take a beating.
Don't buy a Chevy by No More Chevys on 02/25/2004. Trim: 1999 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sedan, Owned 5 years.
Pros: We got rid of it.
Cons: Nearly everything. It looked o.k.
Overall review: Terrible. A waste of money. In less than 40,000 miles we had over 13 things that had to be repaired or replaced.
Great little car by Stephen on 06/03/2003. Trim: 1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe, Owned 3 years.
Overall review: Great little car
Good car Would own another if they still made the model by An MSN Autos Consumer on 11/03/2009. Trim: 1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan, Owned 9 years.
Pros: The way it handles in the winter Good driving in the snow
Cons: Had to be carefull driving in the rain The car could get away from you
Overall review: Rear windsheild blow out Talked to a lot of owners and found a lot of them had the same problem in the winter When the cold air changes on the inside and outside at dilfferent levels We all thought the same thing that our cars had be vandilized
cheap and cheerful by An MSN Autos Consumer on 01/03/2007. Trim: 1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 Coupe, Owned 8 years.
Pros: Cute and stylish for the price. Great pick-up for a little car. Great gas mileage!
Cons: Quality is lacking. Poor customer service from dealers. I had a short in the electrical system that shorted my sun roof motor, and GM wouldn't fix it, even though the car was under 3 years (it had 38K miles). It cost $1200 to fix. The transmission went at 55K and was another $2K.
Overall review: Cheap car and you get what you pay