1998 Chevrolet Lumina

1998 Chevrolet Lumina Prices
1998 Chevrolet Lumina Fuel Economy
Another American Made Piece of Junk by Mike on 07/19/2005. Trim: 1998 Chevrolet Lumina LS, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Hmmmmmmm.... Well.... Ah..... It's green and I like the Packers. Oh, the steering wheel still works.
Cons: The quality of nearly every part that went into it.
Overall review: This is the biggest pile of junk American made waste of time I've ever seen. I was looking for a used car and I knew that American made cars can't hold retail value any more than stale meat so I went looking. Found this car with 80000 miles on it. At 84000 the tranny went out (clutch plates); At 90000 the alternator went; At 100000 I had a major tune up put into it and at that time had to replace the bearings in two tires. At 110000 the fuel injectors were shot. I had them replaced at a chevy dealership. Two months later the oxygen senser was shot. Now the injectors are bad again. Seriously, I will never buy another American made car. This is one story out of 4 or 5 that I or my family has regarding American made junk heaps. I mean think about it: Why are American made cars the only ones that have "On Star" standard? Because they care about you the consumer? No. Because they know you'll need it for the 10 times your car breaks down on you between 30000 and 80000 miles.
Smooth Ride by Bigbosscien from Concord, CA on 05/27/2003. Trim: 1998 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Plenty of room, good fuel economy (considering the size and weight of car, let's remember it is not a tiny fiber plastic Oriental car). Enough horsepower, 160 in base model. Very low maintenence costs if you know how to do it, smooth ride.
Cons: As other owners said there is a noisy blower and this is just after 50,000 miles, the interior looks really cheap as all the exterior light covers, Honda does a lot better on this field, not enough intensity on headlights, brake or stop headlights switch has been replaced twice only after 90,000 miles.
Overall review: Car handles good and it hasn't giving me that much mechanical problems, as I said, If you take good care of it like you probably do with your pets, this vehicle its worth it. I may buy another if GM improves the quality on interior materials, it looks like the interior was done in a third world country. What happened on this GM? But even do, I have recommended it to friends and relatives.
Reliable car! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 10/14/2004. Trim: 1998 Chevrolet Lumina LS, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Very reliable. I have 115,000 miles and the only thing I've done to it is brakes! It's comfortable, stylish and overall a nice ride.
Cons: Cup holders broke, the visor over the driver side broke. There has been a noise while turning the vehicle left that dealer can't figure out. Goes through brakes and rotors at least 1X per year.
Overall review: Great car, wish Chevy didn't quit making them!
Big wallet car by An MSN Autos Consumer on 01/21/2004. Trim: 1998 Chevrolet Lumina LS, Owned 6 years.
Pros: I owned this car for 126000 km. It had fair gas milage, and not to bad of a ride and handling. There was a fair amount of room in the interior and in the truck.
Cons: noisy exhaust on acceleration paint peeling poor quality seats leaking intake manifold Pick up lacking for this size of a motor and car
Overall review: I had problems with the front disc were totally worn out in 80k, km, and very expense to replace compared to other standard North American cars. The other problem was to clear any warning lights you had to have the dealer put it on the Computer and a $75.00 an hour charge, provided they didn't do anything else.There was a problem with paint peeling off the car in various areas. The intake manifold gasket was leaking anti freeze. I was luckier then two people I work with who owned a 3.1 engine. Their intake manifold gaskets leaked but it started to leak internally before they noticed and the anti freeze mixed with their oil, ruining their engine. The fuel rail regulator was acting up causing a starting problem. Before I traded the car in at 126000 km, the springs in the drivers seat were shot and you felt like you were seating on the floor. This was my wifes car and she only wieghts 130 lbs.
The Car by Christina on 08/08/2002. Trim: 1998 Chevrolet Lumina LS, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Drives wonderfully, just put on an awesome set of rims
Cons: Need something a bit more sporty
Overall review: Its a great car!