1998 Chevrolet Venture

Don't bother by An MSN Autos Consumer on 03/03/2011. Trim: 1998 Chevrolet Venture 4-Door Extended, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: I like the fact that the kids were able to move in and out of the vehicle with ease, and that I was able to crawl back there and buckle them in until they were old enough to do it on their own. Lots of big windows, so very few blindspots. Big side doors a plus. The ability for the seats to fold up is a great advantage too.
Cons: Headlights for this vehicle are horrible, even when upgraded bulbs. They shine forward plenty, but not to the side at all. Lots of mechanical issues, which we fixed ourselves thanks to our garage. The engine went out at 70,000 miles due to blown head gasket which Chevy never recalled, and the big one was the ABS and braking system. It never seemed to be right, always had some kind of warning light on, even after it was all replaced. Bad wiring led to many ground and corrosion problems with the taillights. Power windows always seemed to be a problem too.
Overall review: Outside of mechanically that we had to do, it was a good van. Very sturdy, great in the snow. We had to replace a lot of parts, and aftermarket was always better. If you're a do-it-yourself mechanic, it's not a problem. Otherwise, get ready to spend some money along the way, especially on ABS
Minivan by An MSN Autos Consumer on 10/23/2009. Trim: 1998 Chevrolet Venture 3-door, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Its really fast.
Overall review: Great!!!
Good at first, But that just gets you started by Speeder on 01/22/2007. Trim: 1998 Chevrolet Venture 4-Door Extended, Owned 8 years.
Pros: Nothing
Overall review: Ok. I have nothing for the cons and pros, but I highly do think that somebody should buy this vehicle. A.The interior is uncomfy. B. The biggest thing of all, I had one for almost 7 years, and bam! my camshaft breaks. I am glad GM took this of the assembly plant. Oh, and if you dont believe me, I had it took to my mechanic, and he verified it, and the He sent it to a gm dealer, and they verified it to gm. They gave me 1000 dollars to buy a new car. I only buy used cars. I sent the thousand back. Oh, and the thousand dollars were to buy a brand new "GM" car. They said on the note that came with the money, that we hope you will still take our pride and buy another. Um, no thank you. I bought a 2004 Chrysler Town&Country, and it runs very very smooth, and it will run us with no problems. So, do not buy one. Dont buy a GM. Even a Cadiallac. Though they look nice, the might break. So, just take my advive, dont buy one!! Even though you can only buy them used now. Oh well, bye!
Trustee Chevy by mama from Red Lake on 12/04/2006. Trim: 1998 Chevrolet Venture 3-door Extended, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: luxury, power seats, roomy. rear heat and a/c for the kids. they can listen to there own music with head phones. did I mention lots of room? has the power of a sports car. automatic light's, I'm not used to turning them on, because I don't have too, ever. Mile indicator, good on gas. Lot's of storage compartments...
Cons: can't think of anything I don't like about it.
Overall review: This van is sweet...
Computer nightmare by Pianogal from Raleigh on 12/04/2004. Trim: 1998 Chevrolet Venture 3-door Extended, Owned 3 years.
Pros: easy to drive
Cons: Constant computer problems that keep causing me $$$ to repair even after calibration.
Overall review: My mom has a 2001 that is great. Mine plain stinks.