1997 Chevrolet Blazer

1997 Chevrolet Blazer Prices
1997 Chevrolet Blazer Fuel Economy
Chevrolet TrailBlazer by Shelby in Tujunga, CA on 08/07/2002. Trim: 1997 Chevrolet Blazer 4-Door 4WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: performance and durability. long-lasting, good looking, and cleans up nice!
Cons: poor radio, actually it's non-existant, I threw it out the window. I would like seat adjustments to be electrical.
Overall review: I bought this vehicle used for $16,+. I believe it had a prior life as a rental car. It was in good shape, and still performs on que... I did have to replace the transmission when it died while I was on vacation in Las Vegas, July, 2001. The transmission was replaced by "Vista Chevrolet" a dealer in N. Vegas area. While under the extended warranty, I also replaced the A/C compressor and other minor details; one being the motor controlling the rear-view mirrors. When I bought the car, the interior ceiling light didn't work, but we found the on-off "finger" activating that operation missing from the car door frame. (That was replaced). I bought a new battery for the car, and four new tires. I have kept a maintenance schedule with Jiffy Lube, as needed. I like the Chevrolet trademark, it is my first model, the Blazer being my first car of ownership. It is my dream to upgrade to a TRAILBLAZER.
Very Good Truck by Instigator from Montreal on 12/21/2010. Trim: 1997 Chevrolet Blazer 4-Door 4WD, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Engine power. Handling. Style Never lets me down in winter and we have hard winters here in Montreal, Canada. Has real 4X4. Excellant mileage on the highway.
Cons: Not much to dislike. Not a great city drive on fuel. Back brakes are drums.
Overall review: Would recommend this truck to anyone. Drives great and handles well.
Great Lil Truck! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 01/25/2009. Trim: 1997 Chevrolet Blazer 4-Door 4WD, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Very good on gas! I get 22-24 mpg around town and I've got up to 28 mpg going long distances. Seats are quite comfortable and considering size it has a lot of cargo room. I have had it 4 years and it has been very inexpensive to own. Handles great.
Cons: A/C has always been an issue but the windows work fine so its not really that necessary. Serpentine belt needs replaced annually. Considering it is now a 12 year old car it only recently started having issues with bucking when its cold or wet out but only when first started, after driven for a short time that stops.
Overall review: As a used vehicle if you can get one like I did with low mileage its great. I've only recently started having issues that might be a bit more costly than they have been during my ownership. Its 12 years old what do you expect, its gonna start costing after awhile. She still runs great and I would recommend this SUV as a nice lil 2nd vehicle to have especially to use for long trips...gas mileage is great!
Problem Truck by Rockman Odessa, Texas on 07/20/2003. Trim: 1997 Chevrolet Blazer 4-Door 2WD, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Nothing
Cons: This vechile had numerous break downs. This vechile was never abused and maintained. I have spent in excess of 1500.00 dollars in the last year keeping this vechile running. I traded it off this weekend. A short list of problems during the years, I owned it: 1. door hinges sagged 2. transmission needed 3 major repairs in 6 years 3. Worn out brake pads and ruined a rotor at 24,000 miles 4. directional arm replaced 450.00 dollars 5. ignition switch beginning to malifuntion.
Overall review: Would not buy another blazer again and not a used one for sure.
Money sucking bucket of bolts!! by Feartheblazer from Massachusetts on 06/05/2003. Trim: 1997 Chevrolet Blazer 4-Door 4WD, Owned 4 years.
Pros: It looks good on the lift at my mechanic's shop.
Cons: Where to start? Brakes, upper and lower ball joints, cheap interior, noises coming from every location. I am afraid to drive it more that 10 miles from my home. This piece of @%$# has been on the back of a flat bed 4 times in 2 years and I am sure there are more to come. It has such a low trade in value that I can't afford to get rid of it.
Overall review: Do yourself a favor. Don't take a 1997 Blazer even if it is given to you. This money sucking bucket of bolts is the worst piece of crap on 4 wheels. This truck has made me loose all faith in GM. I have never purchased an import but I am seriously considering it now. Chevrolet should be ashamed of itself for producing such a piece of junk