1997 Chevrolet Lumina

1997 Chevrolet Lumina Prices
1997 Chevrolet Lumina Fuel Economy
It's been good to me...so far. by Jim on 10/30/2005. Trim: 1997 Chevrolet Lumina LS sedan, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Roomy and comfortable ride. Great stereo with LS model. Pretty good overall vehicle and fits four adults comfortably. I get the rated 20 city 29 highway but it doesn't like 87 octane gas so I use the 89 octane.
Cons: Drivers side power window and electric moon roof stripped gears after using them for a while. I knew it was an 8yr old car when I purchased it so I guess I can't complain about that too much.
Overall review: It's been an overall good vehicle to me so far.
1997 Chevy Lumina by Linda and Bill from PA on 07/28/2002. Trim: 1997 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan, Owned 5 years.
Pros: It is extremely quiet, and a very comfortable ride overall. The car has been pretty reliable over 39,000 miles. Roomy interior - body held up well.
Cons: It developed some really serious oil leaks early in its life. This was right after the warranty ended. Chevrolet covered the cost of some of them, but it was still expensive. My husband doesn't like the air conditioning controls.
Overall review: I would buy another one. We are happy with the car, though we wouldn't buy again from the same dealer. He suggested we have the car rust-proofed when it was new. We had the dealer undercoat the car, and later found out this is not only unnecessary, but contra-indicated according to the warranty.
Would gladly buy another one by Phynias on 02/20/2011. Trim: 1997 Chevrolet Lumina LS sedan, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: I bought my 97 Lumina new from the dealer. It was being used as a dealer car, so it had 6000 miles on it. It finally died on me, after 14 years, and over 242000 miles. The only major problem I had, was a head gasket at about 164000. Had it fixed to the tune of $1600. They resurfaced the cylinders, and got almost another 100K on it. Wish they still made them. I am now looking at a 2000 lumina.
Cons: The only con is, they don't make them anymore. If they did, I would buy another new one in a heart beat.
Overall review: Loved it.
Good Value Car by An MSN Autos Consumer on 11/23/2006. Trim: 1997 Chevrolet Lumina Sedan, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Comfort, Quiet, Reliable
Cons: Front seat cushion, only one cup holder
Overall review: Overall good car that is great on the freeway.
Dependable Auto by nubi from Chitown on 09/15/2005. Trim: 1997 Chevrolet Lumina LS sedan, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Very Roomy and comfortable! Quite reliable. Now have 110,000 miles and have had no major repairs. Decent but not great power.
Cons: My main problem with it has been the fuel injectors. My service engine light has gone off often and every time I take it in they say it is a misfire in one of the cylinders and suggest having the injectors cleaned. Fuel pump just went out, but to be expected w/ so many miles
Overall review: Nice, reliable, average car!