1997 Chevrolet Cavalier

A small but sporty car that makes you look twice. by Proud owner of a Chevy Cavalier on 02/18/2010. Trim: 1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: I own a Gold Metallic coupe. I love the color, styling and handling of this car. It's PERFECT for city driving. It's extremely easy to park. I love the daytime running lamps. I wish more cars had daytime Running lamps because they are such a neccessity in city traffic. The seats are comfortable. I added a spoiler on the back with a LED light so it looks even more incredible. I love the 16" tires which are rare to find on a small car. I love how the entire backseat folds down. I was in an accident in this car. A large Peneske truck side swipped me at an intersection. The only thing that kept the truck from landing on my lap, was the side collision bar in my door. This car saved my life.
Cons: There's no CD player...I had one custom installed. It's not easy to get in and out of the back seat. I'm not crazy about the gray "graphite" cloth that is used on the interior. It didn't come with alloy wheels. It has a net in the back trunk to hold groceries, but it never seems to work right. The blinker is part of the red brake light so it's hard for other cars to spot it...it's easier to spot an orange turn signal. The seats, locks, windows, and headlights are all manual. The steering is pretty tight so it doesn't give you the feel of a "nice" car. But the sporty styling and user friendly controls pretty much make up for any other annoyances with certain features.
Overall review: My overall experience with this car has not included frustration or disappointment. If anything it's an exciting driving experience just because of the handling and the incredible sportiness that any other small car would have a very difficult time pulling off. It's really not meant for 6 hr long road trips. It's an economical car that will give you reliability and basic safety and basic accessory functions that will last you for quite a while. It's definitely not a family car. It's more for a single, fun outgoing young person who wants something really good looking and sporty yet safe and reliable to get around in. I just love the daytime running lamps!!
Good almost perfect by Bagh on 02/20/2004. Trim: 1997 Chevrolet Cavalier LS sedan, Owned 7 years.
Pros: 2.4 L engine is fast and gets 30 mpg. Ride is OK.
Cons: Water pump goes out every 70,000 to 80,000 miles and cost $700 or more to have replaced. Now @ 120,000 car dies in cold weather for 15 to 25 minutes thing fixes itself and no one can find the cause.
Overall review: Could be a Japan beater if not for a few engine problems
I've Always Been a Cavalier Man by John from Houston TX on 01/23/2003. Trim: 1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 coupe, Owned 6 years.
Pros: What can I say? I have a thing for cavaliers. My family has always owned one from time to time and they've always served us very well. Sure, they won't win any drag races, but that's not what they're built for.
Overall review: I love this car. I've had very few problems, and despite it's 130,000 miles - it still purrs like a kitten.
SAVED MY LIFE by Lacy on 12/23/2002. Trim: 1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe, Owned 4 years.
Overall review: A cavelier saved my life! I never had a problem with it while I owned it, and when I was in a major car accident, the air bag saved my life! The car was totaled, the roof squashed in and the passaged side crushed from rolling down an embankment. But I walked away with only minor scrapes and bruises. I tried to go with another type of vehicle, but in the end, I went back to chevrolet. They're the only vehicle I can trust. I've owned a 2002 cavelier since February. I have had NO problems with it. It gives me a peace of mind. Thanks Cavelier!
Good Car by Jpark on 06/25/2013. Trim: 1997 Chevrolet Cavalier RS coupe, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Lots of power for its size, never failed to 0-70 before someone catches up to me.
Cons: Back seat is very small.
Overall review: Good car