1997 Chevrolet S10 Pickup

1997 Chevrolet S10 Pickup Prices
1997 Chevrolet S10 Pickup Fuel Economy
Best Truck Ever! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 02/04/2012. Trim: 1997 Chevrolet S10 Pickup LS Reg. Cab Short Bed 2WD, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: I bought my truck when I was 18 and it was four years old. I'm now 30 and love this truck more now than I ever did before. It has 210,000 miles with no problems whatsoever. The interior looks as new as the day it rolled off the assembly line. I've lowered it 5 inches and that was 9 years ago. Handles great, runs great, looks great. If something should happen to this truck, I'd buy another one in a heartbeat. I've preformed ALL the maintenance on this truck. GM should bring back this truck with the same quality, forget the Colorado!!!
Cons: Nothing to dislike about this vehicle!
Overall review: 10 out of 10 any day!
OK truck by John from Southeast Texas on 03/04/2004. Trim: 1997 Chevrolet S10 Pickup LS Ext. Cab 2WD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Dependable. It has never left me on the road. Good ride with no rattles. Looks great.
Cons: Seats are way too soft. You sink too far down in them. It's like sitting on an old worn out couch! No power windows, locks or keyless entry! In the shop once for an alternator. Also, the gas guage broke, and is way too expensive to repair!
Overall review: If your looking for a dependable small truck without a lot of bells and whistles then this is the one. All things considered it's been a pretty good vehicle. It has 60,000 miles on it. Would I buy another one? Probably would!
not perfect but beats a toyota by An MSN Autos Consumer on 08/29/2003. Trim: 1997 Chevrolet S10 Pickup LS Reg. Cab Short Bed 4WD, Owned 6 years.
Pros: ZR2 looks good, plenty of power, good off road and in snow
Cons: transmission, cheap trim
Overall review: more power then a toyota with a nicer interior. wish GM would have spent a little more time with the tranny and trim work.
superior S-10 by Rambsy on 11/10/2002. Trim: 1997 Chevrolet S10 Pickup LS Reg. Cab Short Bed 2WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I did 15.8 in the 1/4 mile, bone stock-- performance is their, great truck!!!!!! Alot of aftermarket support, for engine perf., body kits, etc....
Cons: Although decent for a truck the gas mileage is only 24 mpg, tops
Overall review: awsome truck, ive owned a ranger and a dakota and this truck is faster than both and much better gas mileage than the dakota...
Big Disappointment to a longtime Chevy Truck fan by Dave, Sacramento, CA on 01/21/2002. Trim: 1997 Chevrolet S10 Pickup LS Ext. Cab 4WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Strong engine, ZR2 highrider package, true off-road ability. Good towing ability but brakes weak.
Cons: Cheap materials for ext. mirror mounts, third door latch failed three times, cheap plastic rear bumper, A/C replaced at 57,000 miles; transmission failed at 66,000 miles. Electrical problems-int. dome light,headlight. Antilock brakes need repair now. Truck is a real disappointment; doesn't hold up to normal use. My 1987 S-10 4WD ext cab had a weaker V6 engine, unreliable A/C, and insufficient fenderwell clearance for mud tires, but was more reliable altogether. I put 157,000 miles on the 1987 truck, but doubt I will get 100,000 miles out of the 1997 before I run out of patience and money for repairs. I will not buy another S-10, and that really bothers me, because I am a Chevy guy!
Overall review: Lots of potential, great motor, goes like stink, but cheap components and dismal reliability record.