1996 Chevrolet Impala SS

1996 Chevrolet Impala SS Prices
1996 Chevrolet Impala SS Fuel Economy
great car to keep for a collector by An MSN Autos Consumer on 02/14/2012. Trim: 1996 Chevrolet Impala SS, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: preformance comfort ride
Cons: high maintinence
Overall review: if you own one be prepared to spend money on it with 75 or 10000 miles
G Ride by jas on 01/09/2006. Trim: 1996 Chevrolet Impala SS, Owned 10 years.
Pros: corvette engine 5.7 liter
Cons: none
Overall review: fast and powerful
Impala SS is ssuper! by KMD from MA on 04/21/2003. Trim: 1996 Chevrolet Impala SS, Owned 7 years.
Pros: This is a very comfortable and stylish car. I am a mother of 2, with plenty of room for my family and all their stuff, without having to have a minivan! It looks good without sacrificing safety.
Cons: My one complaint about this car is its large turning radius; I often need to do a 5- or 7- point turn to get out of a tight spot. While this car doesn't guzzle gas as badly as a SUV, it doesn't exactly take little sips!
Overall review: An excellent car for those of us still young enough to want a sporty-looking car, and old enough to understand about safety and the convenience of a 4-door sedan. As I approach 7 years of ownership and 100,000 miles, I really cannot complain about the service I have gotten from this car. From family vacations to commuting to work, this has been a wonderful ride.
Maurader killer by blingin96 on 09/04/2002. Trim: 1996 Chevrolet Impala SS, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Lots of parts to modify car. LT1 has plenty of power even if you leave it stock.
Cons: Interior leather doesnt last.
Overall review: Beautiful car. I will be keeping this one. Lots of aftermarket parts available. Right now no car compares to it no even the Maurader.
The un-replacable sedan by Jim from FL on 05/15/2012. Trim: 1996 Chevrolet Impala SS, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Good power and economy. Roomy and comfortable. Pretty trouble free. Good handling for its size. There is no modern replacement, I would buy one. The gear driven water pump means that it can continue with a blown belt.
Cons: The transmission needs some updates which mine has. The rear springs are a little weak for towing. Mine has air bags. The water pump needs to be monitored carefully for leaks, it can leak on the distributor.
Overall review: I bought this car new and it is the most rugged car I have owned. It has outlasted two cadillacs. I have towed my outboard ski boat thousands of miles and it is a comfortable and competent tow vehicle. It now has 119k miles and is still a front line reliable car. I maintain it properly and keep it inside. I have a Mustang , Jeep , and Caddy, but I can't bring myself to sell the SS even though the owner of the shop that maintains it has a standing offer to buy it. I can not find a comparable replacement for the SS.