1996 Chevrolet Blazer

1996 Chevrolet Blazer Prices
1996 Chevrolet Blazer Fuel Economy
Old and strong. by Frost49 on 10/28/2011. Trim: 1996 Chevrolet Blazer 4-Door 4WD, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Reliabilty. I couldn't ask for anything better out of mine. 180,000 miles and still going. Almost no problems. Occasional belt, hose and all the other regular problems that come with age, Just replaced rear leaf spring shackels due to rusting off, but with salt and snow where I live I can't complain. Love mine and hope it keeps going for another few thousand. Almost all original parts on the engine. Only replaceement was the intake gasket that was leaking.
Cons: Rust protection on the frame is completely gone. Don't think it was applied very well from the start. Rear door has a very horrible opening system. Hope yours never breaks. Had to fix mine with a wire tie strap like McGyver.
Overall review: Great truck overall. It has went places I know it shouldn't have been. But why own a 4x4 if you don't use it. Goes great in snow and ice all winter long. City MPG could have been better, but highway I can't complain about the 25 MPG I get from an SUV.
the bowtie blazer by rich from detroit on 04/28/2009. Trim: 1996 Chevrolet Blazer 4-Door 4WD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: this truck is great next to replacing the water pump no proplem good power for the truck its not a race car by any streach of the emagination but it is great for the money just take care of it and it will take care of you.
Cons: 4x4
Overall review: great truck
A Beautiful Blazer by An MSN Autos Consumer on 05/15/2007. Trim: 1996 Chevrolet Blazer 4-Door 4WD, Owned 7 years.
Pros: A very comfortable ride the tinted windows sits up high enough easy to see out of no blind spots
Cons: I wished I would have purchased one with leather seats, I don't care for the interior fabric or color
Overall review: It has served me well for the past 7 years and many can't believe it's a 1996 it looks much newer
Only for rich people by An MSN Autos Consumer on 08/11/2006. Trim: 1996 Chevrolet Blazer 4-Door 4WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: The Blazer looks better than most SUVs on the road - inside and out. This one also has the push bars on the front and turns heads.
Cons: Everything else that I didn't mention. Bought it with 116k miles and it now has 136k miles. Only after having it three months and up to 117k miles, the engine spun a bearing. It has had alternator problems, brake problems, starter problems, radiator problems, A/C compressor problems, and more. Bought it for $5000, and have put more than $5000 of repairs into it. Also get the ABS light a lot, but we were told it would cost more than it's worth to fix. It just got back from the shop with a master cylinder as the braking was horrible and was told if the master cylinder doesn't fix the problem, it was going to be a part for the ABS and was also told if this was the problem you would cry.
Overall review: I'm speaking on behalf of my father, as it is his Blazer, but he said if he had to do it all over again, he would have bought a Jeep. I would have as my grandmother's 1995 Jeep Cherokee Sport has close to 120,000 miles and has only had to have the brakes, tires, and the rear-view mirror worked on. Everything else is still working fine in that Jeep. The engine on the Blazer was $2500 for a junk-yard engine with 68,000 miles. The funny thing was, it took the shop three or four junk-yard Blazer engines before they found one that ran well and apparently, you also have to pretty much tear the entire Blazer apart in order to get the engine out as it is mounted on the frame. Also note that there were many other problems with the Blazer that I haven't mentioned, but trust me, that was only a portion of all the problems with it.
Luv my Truck by An MSN Autos Consumer on 05/11/2005. Trim: 1996 Chevrolet Blazer 4-Door 4WD, Owned 9 years.
Pros: It is very easy to get in and out of. It handles very well and is reliable. I feel that my Blazer gets around very well in ice and snow and is comfortable on long trips. It still looks like new and the paint job is holding up extremely well.
Cons: I don't like the paint coming off of the windshield wipers soon after I got the car. I had to get a new long-block (motor) at 81,000 miles as mine spun a bering.
Overall review: I will buy another Blazer when I need a new vehicle. I love this truck!