1996 Chevrolet Corvette

1996 Chevrolet Corvette Prices
1996 Chevrolet Corvette Fuel Economy
Teenage dream by Bamf on 06/02/2012. Trim: 1996 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe (auto), Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I have wanted a vette since I was a teenager well I am not disappointed looks,power,and just a pure pleasure to drive
Cons: I have to store it all winter
Overall review: Teenage dream car
Hott.....Very Hott!! by SPiRiTRyyDER on 11/21/2010. Trim: 1996 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe (auto), Owned 1 year.
Pros: Owened a 1986 Convertible C-4. It was a little rough around the edges and the ride was harsh. Now own a Collectors Edition and I am loving this car!! Bought her 1 year ago with 23k-now had 33k and nothing but kudos to this vette. Just put some new Michelin rubber and it is as smooth as any luxury car I have driven. It handles better than any car should and this car just wants to please! The Bose am/fm/cassette/CD radio is a pleasure. Great outward visibility and compliments will abound. You can enjoy a leisurely cruise or a full blown missile launch depending on your mood...
Cons: I am 6'4", so entering/exiting is a little bit of a mambo. Headroom is a little tight with the solid top-better with the plexiglass top. With the top off there is alot of wind buffeting and body flex.One of the headlights motors has developed a chattering noise. All of this is forgiven once your hit the gas...
Overall review: This car is one of the best vehicles I have ever owed. I have owned many fun cars -including S4''s, Sciroccos, Mr2 twin turbos, Z-cars, Mustangs 5.0's, Lightnings... This car has the best characteristics of all of these cars combined-and it's been reliable to boot!!
A dream come true! by The Parson on 02/04/2010. Trim: 1996 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (auto), Owned 1 year.
Pros: Handling is amazing! This car turns heads everywhere I take it. Your whole body language changes when driving this wonderful car. Good mileage on a powerful car.
Cons: It is difficult to get in and out of, but once in, it's well worth the effort!
Overall review: I love this car. I just wish I didn't live in Canada, where I have to put it away for the winter. At least it gives me something to dream about during the cold winter months!
Last of the real Corvettes by VWVETTE on 07/11/2009. Trim: 1996 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe (auto), Owned 2 years.
Pros: Being the last of the C-4 Corvette's they did it right with this year. Had a 1986 and was not overly enthused with it. Quality was no where close to the 1996.
Cons: Not much. I read others don't like exit and entering the car, but that's part of owning a C-4.
Overall review: Like another reviewer I wish this car would last forever. But with 142,000 miles on it, I certainly can't expect that to happen. But I'm going to do what I can to make it last. Had a 1975 C-3 which I sold recently. I was bored with it. People wonder how you could be bored with a Corvette. Try owning a mid 70's C-3 automatic. Do not like the style of the C-5 at all. If need be would possibly own a C-6. But I absolutely love the style of the '90's C-4 coupe.
C4 Corvette- the American Icon by AF JAG from NM on 11/21/2000. Trim: 1996 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe (auto), Owned 1 year.
Pros: This is a fast car, (you can easily kill yourself if you are not careful). Not many others on the road have a chance at passing you if you don't want them to. Handles much better than I expected. The cornering is very good (I’ve driven BMW's at auto-cross events and consider the handling on my Corvette to be almost as good as some of the newer 3 series I have driven). You won't get stuck behind an RV in this car, and you are surely going to be noticed by those around you.
Cons: This car eats tires for breakfast. If you are going to have fun with your Corvette, get in good with your local tire store. This car attracts a lot of attention. Every punk kid in his Mustang or Camaro will want to race you at the stoplight. Perhaps it is the aggressive styling, or Corvette reputation, I don't know. Cops don't seem to care that you are "at least driving an American car" either. Overall, considering the "cons", the car is still the one for me.
Overall review: If you want world-class performance, buy a Bugatti. If you want to have a car that is going to make the drive to work every day fun, and that you will find yourself coming up with reasons to go out to drive somewhere, buy a Corvette. There is also a great deal of camaraderie among Corvette owners. I think it has something to do with the history behind the car, or just the fact that it is "the American sports car", sorry Ford. I know I wanted one ever since I was a kid.