1996 Chevrolet C/K 1500

1996 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Prices
1996 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Fuel Economy
Brutes of truck world by Buckeye country on 02/07/2012. Trim: 1996 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Ext. Cab 6.5-ft. Bed 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The truck has been great to me so far. Have had it for a bit. I got it used in 2011 and it is now a 16 year old truck with a bit over 110K on it. Everyone complains about the fuel economy but it’s a V8 truck, what did you expect prius numbers?? I get over 20mpg on the highway with the 305. Already towed a car from one side of town to the other and no problems whats so ever. 4WD works great
Cons: Rust holes by the cab corner, but that is usual on these years 94-96 cause they didn’t put drain holes for the body so if you are in the rust belt you’re going to get it no matter what.
Overall review: Great trucks, always looked up to these truck when I was little, especially the "Like a Rock" commercials. Family mechanic has had one or driven one from this generation for as long as I can remember.
Great American Truck U S A # 1 by Silverhawk from Wichita, Ks on 01/01/2012. Trim: 1996 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Reg. Cab 6.5-ft. bed 2WD, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: I read the reveiws from Consumer 's Report before I bought this truck and their report wasn't very good. I bought the truck 14 years ago with 30k and it currently has almost 290k without any major problems. I use it for anything I need for which includes pulling my 4500 lb travel trailer where I want to go. I have pulled this trailer all over the US. It still gets over 20mph on the highway and 17mpg around town. I will keep this truck as long as I can until one of us dies. I think the truck may outlast me.
Cons: None
Overall review: I would rate this truck at a 9.5
A keep forever truck. No reason to buy a new one. by An MSN Autos Consumer on 07/04/2009. Trim: 1996 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Ext. Cab 6.5-ft. Bed 4WD, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Well built and handles great
Overall review: Have 118,000 miles and still runs great and body is in great shape.
1 Tough Truck by Tooker from Mesa, Arizona on 11/06/2009. Trim: 1996 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Ext. Cab 6.5-ft. Bed 4WD, Owned 10 years.
Pros: Here I am again - I posted about 3 yrs ago and I still have the beast. Its now at 250,000 miles and still pulling like a champ. Love the truck. I will keep it till death (either of us lol).
Cons: The typical maintence for old parts - still cheaper than a foreign vehicle. I replaced the transfer case this summer..........that wasnt too bad.
Overall review: I have owned this 1996 Chevy K1500 Extended cab short bed 2 door for 10 yrs now and I wouldnt get rid of it for anything. Its a very dependable rig!!! Heck the prices are so cheap on them now I might get me another!
"BUILT TO LAST" by Mitch - JEEPS Built to take what you have to Dish out on 06/02/2008. Trim: 1996 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Reg. Cab W/T 8-ft. Bed 4WD, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: This Truck is unbelivable.. The power , Quality and reliabilty top and other automotive maker. Toyota talks about how there Tundra can Tow a BOBCAT and everything. This Truck can do the same thing as the Tundra and its a 1996. I can always count on this truck when I need it at the most important times. Its got the power when I need it and capability to get the job done. GM and AMerican Vechiles are still here, there still ready to take on Foreigh automotive companys. If you think American Made Automotive Companys (GM,Chrysler,Ford) are going to Step down especially for there Truck Category and watch Foreign automakers take over.. GUESS AGAIN.
Cons: I Fuel economy is not the greatest but hey its a Truck.. We bought a truck because we wanted the towing and Hauling capability. There Built good and if you knew where we took this truck you would definatly agree.
Overall review: I STRONGLY RECOMMEND THIS TRUCK. BUY IT!!! YOU WILL GET EVERY PENNY YOU PAYED BACK FROM THE USE OF THIS TRUCK.