1990 Chevrolet Cavalier

1990 Chevrolet Cavalier pictures are not available
1990 Chevrolet Cavalier Prices
1990 Chevrolet Cavalier Fuel Economy
The Ultimate Z24 by Cesarz24racer on 03/10/2013. Trim: 1990 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 coupe, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The acceleration is great for its year, and having every thing stock.
Cons: no cons.
Overall review: the best car for its year. fast never quits on you
Car doesn't quit by An MSN Autos Consumer on 08/03/2009. Trim: 1990 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 coupe, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Mine was abused before I got it, it was in terrible shape. So, I borught it back to life with many repairs. It started every time. Repairs are not real difficult, as everything is simple and practical.
Cons: The interior feels cramped. Center console is cheap. Suspention is stiff. Cold weather can cause unpredictable behavior like the torque converter clutch cutting in and out (on auto trans) Uses old R-12 AC freon.
Overall review: As old as these cars are now, they are going to have a lot of problems. I do think that for being a cavalier, it still runs very well even at 199,000 miles.
GREAT CAR! by Donnie on 02/05/2009. Trim: 1990 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 coupe, Owned 9 years.
Pros: From the first time I saw my older cousins 1988 Z24, I always told myself I would own one, and it was my first car. This car has never left me stranded, and everytime my parents cars break down, they have to use mine. As long as you keep your maintenence up on these cars, they will go forever. This car is really quick for being stock, and has a really stylish look to it, and it always suprises people when I tell them its a 1990, they think its alot newer. I would recommend this car to just about anyone.
Cons: There could be some cup holders to the interior, and the parts could be a bit more sturdy, but this car has paid for itself time and time agian, so theres really nothing to complain about.
Overall review: Its a great overall car, I plan on putting a new motor in this car, and will keep fixing it till there is absolutely no hope left for it. Then Ill get a newer Cavalier.
The Ultimate Beater Car by TMOCM from Clairton on 07/29/2004. Trim: 1990 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Great car to drive in the winter, holds road very well. Very little maintenance costs even for a car this age with 161,000 miles (original engine and transmission), no blind spots when driving, still has pretty good pickup and acceleration. Easy to work on, more room around engine than most cars. Gas mileage decent. Car has been beat to death but won't die!
Cons: Lots of rust at the bottom of and below the doors. Ceiling liner sagged after 10 years or so.
Overall review: Greate car, wish all cars would last this long. If you can get one with less mileage, little or no rust at a decent price, go for it, you won't be sorry.
Lots of Repairs by Cass from Canada on 02/21/2004. Trim: 1990 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe, Owned 7 years.
Pros: Excellent on gas. Comfortable seats. It starts in the winter even without being pluged in.
Cons: This car has been very problematic for me. I've had to replace almost everything under the hood: gone through 3 alts, new head gas, new radiator, new timing belt, 2 new mufflers, all the hoses... etc. The window doesn't roll down, the wipers only work on one setting, and I have to hold the wiper control to make them work at all. The body is also very rusted.
Overall review: Be careful about buying this car with more than 150,000km. As mentioned I've had nothing but problems with repairs. I've had this car for 7years and bought it with 190,000Km... It's now at 246,000Km. This would be a good car for someone that can fix all the problems themselves, but if you're like me and am not a mechanic, it's not worth the headache.