1998 Acura Integra

1998 Acura Integra Prices
1998 Acura Integra Fuel Economy
11+ Years of Fun! by Meowlady in Dallas on 11/08/2009. Trim: 1998 Acura Integra LS Coupe, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: I love my "baby car!" It's been extremely reliable for almost 130,000 miles. Only non-maintenance issue was a leaky radiator at 92k. Got it replace by my wonderful independent mechanic, and no further problems. I am now having problems with the automatic transmission -- sounds like the clutch is slipping shifting in low gears, and previous experience with "fixing" automatics have not worked well for me -- and so I'm reluctantly looking for a new car. We've also carried a ton of furniture -- folding the back seats down gives you a huge trunk area.
Cons: OK, I do have a few cons. One is that because I'm short and I live in Texas, Land Of Big-A** Trucks, I find their headlights in my rear view mirror often blind me. If you're taller -- or driving around fewer pickups and big SUVs -- you might not experience this. I've also found that some drivers of the big-a** trucks don't appear to see my little car. The "cockpit" can get a little tight if your driver and passenger aren't skinny-minnies. And my friends HATE the back seat (but mine's a two-door) and getting in and out of it. I drive; I have no problems with back seat!
Overall review: Go for it!
My Best Car Ever by An MSN Autos Consumer on 01/14/2009. Trim: 1998 Acura Integra LS Coupe, Owned 1 year.
Pros: i love it it gets me from a to b all the way to z and back and if i want in a big hurry
Cons: not so much for me that its a con but its loud and cops seem to love pulling me over and over
Overall review: all and all i love it and never want to get rid of it if anything ill upgrade it
Perfect Compromise by DI from MI on 12/30/2008. Trim: 1998 Acura Integra LS Coupe, Owned 3 years.
Pros: This car was pretty fun to own. Great gas mileage, handling, good looks, surprisingly versatile. I once carried a full-size wheel-barrow in the back with the hatch completely closed! That's practically SUV-like utility. No way you could do that in a sedan.
Cons: It's not as fast as it looks. Granted, this was the LS model. I still managed to get pulled over for "going around a corner too fast". Never knew that was illegal. heh. Interior is really no better than any Honda I've been in. Nice, but not luxurious. I've heard some comments that this is a "chick-car", probably because it's front-wheel-drive and cute. I never felt emasculated driving it though. :)
Overall review: I had this car for about a year. Never had a single problem with it that wasn't already there when I bought it. Had a weird electrical problem: when the reading lights were turned on they didn't work and the door-ajar light would come on on the dash. Dealer said this was $600 to fix, so I decided to live without reading lamps. I guess repairs are expensive, but with this car it's doubtful you'll ever need them. This car is basically a wonderful compromise: part sports-car, part econo-car, and part station-wagon. If you don't have kids and can only afford one vehicle I'd strongly recommend one of these.
Ultimate Ride by Shock on 07/16/2008. Trim: 1998 Acura Integra GS-R Coupe, Owned 10 years.
Pros: Fast, good looking, easy to drive
Cons: Premium gas only for GS-R!
Overall review: Love this car..Got it brand new for HS graduation 10 years ago! Will drive it til the wheels fall off! (Or some @sshole steals it)
Loved my GSR sedan by Jul from Sacto on 06/02/2008. Trim: 1998 Acura Integra GS-R Sedan, Owned 7 years.
Pros: sporty looking sedan + 5 speed manual
Cons: -insurance is a bit higher -GSR's only take premium fuel which is at $4+ now
Overall review: I had my white integra GSR sedan for many years. I received many compliments from numerous people who said it was the cleanest looking sedan they've seen around town. No modifications to the car except lowering it an inch or two. Last year it was totaled in a car accident and it has made me realize what a great car I lost. The sedan was sporty looking+5 speed manual yet comfortable enough for a family of four. I've been looking around for a replacement but have not found anything out there I really like.