1988 Chevrolet Camaro

1988 Chevrolet Camaro pictures are not available
1988 Chevrolet Camaro Prices
1988 Chevrolet Camaro Fuel Economy
86 Camaro z28 Ftw by Jimmy on 03/05/2012. Trim: 1988 Chevrolet Camaro IROC Z coupe, Owned 3 years.
Pros: (review is actually for my 1986 Camaro Z/28 but they only had 88 and on so) Anyway, HIGH quality vehical! my cars 25 years old, origional engine, paint everything still runs and drives perfect! Seats are amazingly comfortable new vehicals cannot compare to the comfort. The performance now days is not so good compared to the new engines, however the car will still pin its speedometer and take a corner like its on rails, and you can pick one up for under $2,000! so why not? not only that but mine has gotton 27mpg highway, and averages 18mpg with a big v8 engine!
Cons: Make sure the electrical system is not tampered with, do not attempt repairs on it unless you are a professional. Other than that, the car is great high quality, after 25 years hardly any rust and still runs like a beast!
Overall review: Buy one, you cannot kill this car its extremely reliable, comfortable, and the gas mileage is decent! If you don't buy one, well go buy a ford haha I'll probably be passing you broke down someday soon.
A great car by Canadian winter drifter on 12/10/2009. Trim: 1988 Chevrolet Camaro (base) coupe, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I'm 16 first car and it's awesome! Love the way the car looks and its got some real zip without costing too much at the pump. I have a 2.8L and compared to some other cars this old its in really good condition. I live in Canada and everyone was telling me how terrible it would be in the snow. I have some weights in the trunk (now my trunk is basically full) and I really dont find it that bad plus its really easy to drift around corners so as far as I'm concerned its a great winter car! I have started in without pluging it in in -35C so that says something. The paint is in rough condition but I love the ground Effects and I'll just have it re-painted because is almost 22 years old.
Cons: Not much space in the back seat but I can just laugh at my friends when they have to sit there cause Ialways driving. The hood is also hard to open sometimes. The recesed head lights always get snow and ice built up on them so it's just another thing to scrape.
Overall review: An awesome car! When I turned 16 I knew exactly what type of car I wanted and I'm very happy with my choice. I'm a little surprised there arent more of them on the roads but makes mine stand out a little more. All hail the CAMARO! And if you don't already have louvers get them cause It the car look 10x's better.
Sweet Little Camaro by Mamy on 12/02/2009. Trim: 1988 Chevrolet Camaro (base) coupe, Owned 1 year.
Pros: My dad bought me this car in April of 2008. I can say that i love this car so much, it's like my best friend on four wheels. The little v6 is pretty quick in and out of traffic and fairly fuel effecient. I believe it does around 22-25 city 26-29 highway. My previous car had a v8 305 like the IROCs and it was a smooth and unnoticed transition from that to a v6. It's original louvers are still on so the interior is liked new, unfaded. Of course with 111,800 mi. at almost 22 yrs. old i did have to replace the fuel pump, and starter this year but hey thats normal. Since my dad restores and custom builds classic cars these repairs are nothing. The v6 does well on ice and snow so far. RELIABLE.
Cons: The louvers create blind spots, no cup holders, trunk is awkward to haul things, and its very easy to scrape the front end on dips in the streets. I also wish that the heater would warm up a little faster so I can feel my toes! But all of these things are no big deal.
Overall review: This car is great and I'm happy to have it compared to my previous car which was a 1977 Chevy Monza Mirage. It was a rare car and parts where hard to find. Now with my Camaro that sort of thing isn't such a struggle. I do recommend this car to anyone thats ready to love it and ready to make those normal small repairs. For college it's perfect, and great to take to car shows casually. Boys give me a funny look and try to race me...
old lady and her camaro by sunrise on 05/06/2009. Trim: 1988 Chevrolet Camaro (base) coupe, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: i have had my 88 camaro since 1992,was previously owned by my mother inlaw, i am a 46 year old woman. i love this car. i still have it and its 2009!!!!have to look out when it snows,this car has been with me a long time,305 v8 engine varoom!!!!!!!look out for the old lady in the camaro that can still blow the doors off any car at a red light...still in great condition....getting rust spots, but i will have that fixed and plan to drive this car till it dies for good....i love my 88 camaro....alternator,batteries,tires,and brakes here and there but thats the only repair i have had to do.
Cons: snow
Overall review: i love my camaro
GREATEST CARS EVER MADE!!!!!!! by RyaninVilonia on 06/30/2008. Trim: 1988 Chevrolet Camaro (base) convertible, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Great looking car. Performance is good even with the 2.8. Hasn't been tuned up recently so it idles kinda rough but its a small fix.Handles real nice. The automatic is real tough too.The 135 hp isn't much but it will get you to about 120 eventually. Interior looks great for a 20 year old car. Looks real mean going down the road.
Cons: The paint is terrible in the back but that's because it got repainted in 91 back when Sherwin-Williams clearcoat wasn't worth a dog turd.The radio isn't working right but its fixable. I've had trouble with the motor in the hatch not closing it all the way. I didn't know about it until my battery was drained from the motor running all night. The headliner is sagging a bit but alot of 80's GM vehicles were like that.But for a 20 year old car it's expected, and it's all relatively easy to fix. It's still a great car.
Overall review: I love this car. It's really fun to drive. Even with the 2.8 it will still knock imports and some 'stangs off the line. If you find one in decent condition buy it. I get compliments even with bad paint. It just looks angry. Easily one of the best body styles GM has ever created.This is my first car and I wouldn't trade it for anything.If you own one you understand.