1999 Cadillac DeVille

The money trap by antony555 on 12/26/2009. Trim: 1999 Cadillac DeVille D'Elegance, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: If the car i purchased had been maintaned maybe my opinion may be different, one week after i got the car the tranny went out, modules behind the rear seat two of those had to be replaced and the dash looks like a christmas tree with warning lights coming on it wii tell you when it is sick and this one looks terminal. Maybe i just got a lemon are it was a flood car that just did not get caught, hopefully i will be more prepared to purchase the car i really want in about a year and a half.
Cons: Engine, tranny, body.
Overall review: Maybe when the car was new it was a good car but you must take car of it without missing any type of maintance, now i know why i purchased imports all these years.
A Real Class Act. by Realtor from Palm Desert. on 12/04/2009. Trim: 1999 Cadillac DeVille Base, Owned 7 years.
Pros: Handling, comfort, safety, styling (gold pkg & cloth top to match interior) speakers, trunk space, quiet ride. I'm white with a dark blue cloth top & even tho it is ten years old, heads turn. Ease of maintenance; the mechanics don't mind working on it.
Cons: Nothing - one of the best cars I've ever owned & I've had a few including Lincolns (61 & 64) & Buicks (81 & 88).
Overall review: Had 9,023 miles on it when we bought it & now has almost 54,000.
the ultimate car by Lloyd on 09/20/2002. Trim: 1999 Cadillac DeVille Base, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I think this the best cars that I have owned, it handles good, has a real nice ride and makes from twenty five to thirty miles per gallon on interstate driving at seventy to seventy five miles per hour and has been very dependable and has nice styling
Overall review: We are very satisfied with this auto
E. C. by A CarPoint Consumer on 09/29/2001. Trim: 1999 Cadillac DeVille Base, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Pros: Accelaration, Braking, Millage. Ride, Didigal Instruments, Leather Interier Finish & Exterior Finish, On Star system & hands free cell phone,Traction Control..
Cons: CONS: Front Wheel Drive, Front End Too Long pass the front wheels, I keep scraping the bottom when I park where there is a concreet wheel stop or curb when parking straight in, i.e., parking lots. When driving in strong cross winds it becomes very noisy in the front seat?
Overall review: Very good vehicle for crusing long trips. Ride is very comfortable, Traction Control works very good in the winding mountain roads in CA. Good fuel consumption on long trips at steady speeds.Has enough acceleration to keep you out of most trouble.OnStar system keeps you out of other troubles.
Review ID: #209770 Is this review offensive?
1999 Cadillac Sedan DeJunk by Milesperhour on 01/08/2013. Trim: 1999 Cadillac DeVille Base, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: The panache, the attention one gets while driving this land yacht. To me, this was the last Cadillac that looked like a Cadillac. I had the Vogue Tyre center install the fibre glass fender skirts, remove the "Deville" nomenclature from the front doors, and had the "script" "Sedan DeVille" nomenclature from a 1992 Sedan DeVille installed to the rear quarters just above the rear side marker lights. It was Cotillion white and I had her polished to a glass-like shine. I called her "Abby" after the Knots Landing vixen played by Donna Mills. The car had excellent gas mileage....but
Cons: EEK! Pure & simple, the car was junk: first year brand new, water leaking into interior which required the dealer to have it the entire first year to figure out 2 body seams were not sealed, brakes, rear knuckle assembly and the finale: blown head gasket at 40,000 miles! Dash popped up, transmission searching at 50,000 miles, then, MORE OIL ON THE GARAGE FLOOR, I COULD HAVE OPENED MY OWN REFINERY! To pay in excess of $45,000 for a Hoopty! I took it home with me when I bought my 2002 DeVille which has been the best Cadillac I have had in years, I still am driving it 119,000 miles later. The 1999 DeVille, an embarrassment from Cadillac Motor Division, at local junk yards near you!!
Overall review: The car is a beauty, but it takes Ft. Knox and the Federal Reserve to help with the outrageous repairs! Never had an engine replaced at 40,000 miles. Junkallac Sedan DeJunk. It sat in my garage looking brand new, until I got ticked and sold it, the guy that bought it had to put it on a dolly to tow it out of the garage as both rear knuckle assemblies had rusted, one of the rear wheels froze and would not turn so it DRUG all the way out of the garage down the driveway to the dolly! Horrifying when the engine began ticking, then black smoke...then .......silence (lest we forget my sobbing and weeping from the complete and total embarrassment blowing a head gasket just a few miles from the dealer....in front of all of those people with their mouths wide open! The finale was when the tow truck came after waiting over an hour in the blazing sun, I walked to the dealer and left that Hoopty in hopes someone would 5 finger discount it, no luck, who wants to steal a car with the engine open?