1998 Cadillac Catera

1998 Cadillac Catera Prices
1998 Cadillac Catera Fuel Economy
A luxury car at budget economy price by An MSN Autos Consumer on 05/04/2011. Trim: 1998 Cadillac Catera with Leather, Owned 9 years.
Pros: I bought the '98 Catera and I have never regetted it (yet). Actual miles on vehicle is 96,006. It still purrs like a kitten..
Cons: The sunroof keeps opening on its own. The mechanic keeps telling me that he fixed it.
Overall review: Its too bad they don't make this model anymore. I would have bought a new one.
Caddy 6 years and still going by Toya on 03/17/2005. Trim: 1998 Cadillac Catera with Leather, Owned 6 years.
Pros: I love the look and the stereo system Gets me to and from work, errands.
Cons: When I first bought it I had to keep putting it in the shop. Now, after 6 years (60K) The problems I've had are the check engine light - oxyen sensors, cup holder broke years ago. Tires wear fast. The sunroof has a mind of it's own! Very expensive to repair.
Overall review: I am still paying for this car and hope when it's paid for, I don't have to pay a bundle to keep it running. I would like to give to my daughter as her first car.
Catera by Cornering in CA on 05/19/2001. Trim: 1998 Cadillac Catera with Leather, Owned 3 years.
Overall review: The main problem we had was with the Oakland CA dealer Connell. Since we have gone to Stead in Walnut Creek CA we have had no servicing problems. Car handles wonderfully well. A truck hit us in Oregon at about 70 mph on the freeway and the Catera didn't even move on the road. The interior is comfortable and we have had no mechanical problems at all.
"the young persons cadillac" by Jeremy on 10/15/2007. Trim: 1998 Cadillac Catera with Leather, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: sleek style and all the comfort of a cadillac. awesome performance with great gas mileage. in my area its kind of a rare car - see very few around.
Cons: when it comes to repairing the car i found it very intimidating but after i did my first repair myself i realized it really isnt that bad.
Overall review: Love the car, my wife loves it even more as her daily driver. its a for sure thing that when we get her a new car the catera wont be used as a trade in. car is very easy to fall in love with. its performance is awesome - pull upto a red light and the person next to you doesnt expect it to be a cadillac or to have the power that it does.
Catera-ble by I hate Cadillac from Charleston, SC on 10/02/2007. Trim: 1998 Cadillac Catera with Leather, Owned 9 years.
Pros: That I sold it.
Cons: That I bought it.
Overall review: Finally got rid of this lemon. 4 dealers refused to take it or offer me any money for it as a trade in. Just by chance a small local dealership offered me $1200 for my car and it was totally out of feeling sorry for me. Bought me a Jeep Grand Cherokee limited which had more features and options.... light years more reliable... better looking and oh so much faster and powerful. Forgive Cadillac for they know not what they do. Never again. Amen!