1998 Cadillac Eldorado

1998 Cadillac Eldorado Prices
1998 Cadillac Eldorado Fuel Economy
my favorite ride by big bad bob on 01/24/2013. Trim: 1998 Cadillac Eldorado Touring Coupe, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: It's fast. Like Corvette accelerated. Excellent bose sound system.
Cons: Too much computer b.s., Any repairs, even minor, ridiculous cost.
Overall review: Don't buy one unless you love it and want to keep it. It's like owning a true classic muscle car. Even the dealerships don't have the expertise they should have. I'm sure there are experts out there, but they must be far and few between. But fully functional, it'll blow most even modern autos off the road. Corvette performance with acceptable space. And one heck of a bose sound system.
Forget about the Hot Rod Lincoln...get a Caddy! by Big Red Caddy VooDoo Daddy on 06/28/2001. Trim: 1998 Cadillac Eldorado Touring Coupe, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This is a first class vehicle with the best of both worlds - class and performance! I bought this vehicle "off lease" (pre-owned) w/33,000 miles and I have never been happier. Gas mileage is about 26-27 on the highway, huge trunk, beautiful Crimson Red paint and loaded with options.
Cons: Dealers charge way too much for service labor rates ($70.00 an hour) in California. Dealers need to get realistic and stop gouging the public.
Overall review: If you can find a non-abused Caddy Eldo with low miles and a decent price, it is worth the purchase. I probably saved about $25,000 from the original sticker, mark-up and luxury taxes by buying used.
1998 Cadillac Eldorado, a Dream and a Joy by ToyCollector from Illinois on 10/11/2012. Trim: 1998 Cadillac Eldorado Touring Coupe, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: The body style is one of a kind. The look is clean and sleek, the ride fantastic with a strong drive train. Front wheel drive is great and the interior is beyond compare. Fabulous stereo, and luxurious ride for a car built to compete with the euro sports cars. The frame-less door windows put this car in it's own class and the large glass gives you a view that the newer cars no longer offer.
Cons: Cadillac went too high tech. Warrentee was the save for owners to make the costly maintenance repairs. All the sensors and specialized parts are very expensive, add to that the mechanics labor and you have a sizable bill every time you have work done. The NorthStar engine is a powerful high tech design and is absolutely fantastic until you have a head gasket problem. The cost of repair/replacement may doom the car. For such a wonderful and special car, it can have a problem happen in the future that will cost more than the car is worth. A simple fender bender can total this model car if drive train hit. It's not your grand fathers car where much of the work could be done by the owner.
Overall review: The 90's Cadillac Eldorado was my dream car as I grew up. The design is the most sleek aerodynamic good looking of all the Cadillacs. I did not want a rebadged Chevy and the ELDO is definately a design of its own. The ride is great for an ETC and the comfort reminds you it's a Cadillac. Front wheel drive handles the turns extremely well and the interior is well made. A gorgeous car. I especially like the gentile curve of the dash board and the wood trim. The comfy leather heated seats are wonderful. The sound system is the best I've had and I enjoy driving this car anywhere I care to go. The car will continue to catch the eye of passers by because of great style and looks. I gave a passive recommendation to buy this vehicle because of the costs to maintain/repair one of these beauties. Cadillac over engineered the car, the cost for repair, esp parts went sky high. Parts are not easily available for these specialized cars. Buyers need to do their homework, not impulse buy.
The true, classic "American Coupe" by Jimmie, Minnesota on 07/16/2011. Trim: 1998 Cadillac Eldorado Touring Coupe, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Personally I always wanted a Cad Eldo of the last era. It already is a classic in many states, and will be a car that will relate to kids of that time similar to mine in the 'muscle' car era,(oh yes I have two I cherish). It is black on black, clean, and a 'looker' of which I plan to drive until my daughters struggle to wrench the keys from my grasp. This car has already taken me along the great Route 66 'Mutha Road' from Chicago to the Santa Monica piers with 0 problems..... and gas mileage on the 4.6L is unreal, (25mpg Hwy) for the power it offers you.
Cons: THE LABOR COSTS.
Overall review: If you ever wanted a 'true' modern Caddy, this era of Eldo's is the one. I will drive to my last breath as it is in my mind the classic american 'driving coupe'. I just feel good in it no matter if I drive it around town or on the open road. Everyone who really enjoys driving to the utmost as I do, should own one one of these babies!
The Ultimate car by Dan in Oklahoma on 12/02/2003. Trim: 1998 Cadillac Eldorado Base, Owned 3 years.
Pros: The car is the best looking car on the road and I think other non owners also admire the body styling of this car as I get a lot of "lookers" while driving this car.
Cons: Not enough leg room in the back seat.
Overall review: An overall great car. Great gas mileage on the highway.