1996 Cadillac Seville

1996 Cadillac Seville Prices
1996 Cadillac Seville Fuel Economy
Good Looks Disguises Some Large Reliability Problems by Steve - Chandler, AZ on 03/04/2005. Trim: 1996 Cadillac Seville STS, Owned 5 years.
Pros: The STS is a fine looking car. The leather interior is well done and it has comfortable seating for 4 people. The cruise control is very effective for long drives. The car has ample trunk space. Visibility is also very good. The transmission shifts very nicely and the motor has ample power. The instrument panel is well laid out and easy to work with. Gasoline consumption is 24 MPG Highway and 17 city which is good for this size car.
Cons: We have had numerous CHECK ENGINE light appearances indicating both real and phantom problems. We have had several EMISSION CHECK warning lights caused by bad injectors which had to be replaced. This is a very expensive repair. The passenger compartment has plastic moldings that become loose in spots near the doors and causes additional noise on rougher roads. Cadillac Emblems on both sides of the roof cover and all 4 wheel covers fell off after 80K miles. Unfortunately, this car has been the most unreliable car I have owned and clearly the most expensive to repair.
Overall review: Needless to say I would not repeat this purchase. But, having said that, I still like the looks of the car and enjoy it when its ready for the road. We have taken many long trips in this car which were very comfortable indeed. I believe this front wheel drive car has too much equipment under the hood to be a reliable car which makes it MORE difficult to get at to repair. This accessibilty issue no doubt adds considerable costs to many repais. Maybe that is part of the reason that the new STS is a rear wheel drive car.
the last pimping car. by don avo on 02/12/2012. Trim: 1996 Cadillac Seville STS, Owned 1 year.
Pros: i honestly love this car. very good car. style is amazing, especially with a little 'pizzazz' added here and there. bought it used at about 120k miles. had it for a year so far. couldnt be happier. hasnt had a whole lot of problems but if the problems are taken care of as soon as possible, this car wont let u down. one thing that no one really knows outside of the factory is DO NOT USE GREEN COOLANT! it corrodes and eats away parts and then ur gonna have major oil leaks and other problems. long term caddy owners know this and thats who i know it from. use GM red coolant only.
Cons: gas....not too good on gas
Overall review: great car. im keeping this baby till it becomes a classic.
Refined Sugar, a high tech classic to be by The_Raven on 02/13/2004. Trim: 1996 Cadillac Seville SLS, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Butter-smooth Northstar V8; classic Caddy ride with great acceleration; timeless styling, just enough chrome, a warm and comfortable place to roll away the miles
Cons: Ride is superb, but handling not nearly as crisp as STS. Body roll more than one would like. Interior excellent in some areas (Caddy leather is always good), redesigned center console more fidgety than earlier models, radio/HVAC steering wheel controls, but cruise control still on standard GM stupid-stalk
Overall review: An excellent modern rendition of the traditional Cadillac sedan, a wonderful place to spend time. After driving a Northstar vehicle, it's hard to get excited about anything else on this side of the Atlantic. Power steering heavily boosted, doesn't really firm up until 50MPH. The ride is cloud-like, but understeer and body roll seem pronounced. Michelin Symmetry tires probably impact on the understeer. Don't try to stuff an apex without room on the exit. Acceleration still excellent! All the comforts... 2 zone climate control, steering wheel controls(but not cruise), heated seats . Remotes set the seats up for you when you unlock the door. The Northstar LD8, or "Y" motor is put to good use here. Tall gear ratios, great mileage for a 3800lb car; 26 mpg. More torquey than the STS's L37 or "9", different camshaft specs.
How To Throw Away $55K by Former Caddy Fan on 02/26/2003. Trim: 1996 Cadillac Seville STS, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Its gorgeous, and when its running, its a blast to drive
Cons: Maintenance. It makes a Jaguar seem like a Honda! 114k miles: FIVE ac's, TWO headgaskets, numerous electrical and electronic failures. Taillights retain water, CMD says its not a design flaw (but look at how many fogged tail lamp Sevillles!), cost to replace $1000, then they do it again. Small plastic trim parts always breaking, very costly to replace.
Overall review: My parents always had Cadillacs .. I grew up with Cadillacs... I learned to drive on one. I've owned them myself before, but I HATE this car. Its the biggest waste of $55k I can imagine! If I ever manage to get our of this depreciated rolling disaster area, I will never own another Cadillac. CMD's cavalier attitude to my service problems is the icing on the cake ... they act as if they're doing you a favor to fix the thing!
Junk STS by Atthebeach from Toledo! on 10/10/2002. Trim: 1996 Cadillac Seville STS, Owned 2 years.
Pros: It has great style!
Cons: Nothing but trouble since I leased it 2.5 years ago. Trust me, I'm counting the down the months until I can turn it in! Have put $4000 into it and it's not even my car! Fuel pump, rack-n-pinion, A/C still doesn't work after putting $1000 into that a couple months ago, water pump, new plugs, and it eats oil. (Too many problems to name here). If I could get out of my lease, I would! I contacted Cadillac, the wouldn't help. Obvisouly, they don't stand behind their product!
Overall review: I will NEVER own another Cadillac. They should be ashamed....I thought I was getting the ultimate in cars. Boy, I sure learned a hard lesson. Thank twice before buying a Cadillac.