1999 Suzuki Grand Vitara

Best auto I've ever owned by Grand Vitari lover in Idaho on 03/17/2011. Trim: 1999 Suzuki Grand Vitara JLX+ 4WD, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: This car is great for the ones that need something small to do everything with. I purchased this SUV new and now have over 200k miles on it and have only $1100 in repairs into it and still get 24 mile to the gallon. Two front brake calipers and an AC condenser, that's it. I've taken this car across country on road trips during the summer and camping and hunting in the fall. this car has cost me about $0.17 per mile to owne and operate including buying the car. Not only that but this is my second Suzuki, my family has had 8, 5 have been the Grand Vitari. I have three family members waiting for me to buy a new daily driver so they can get this one. Not going to happen anytime soon.
Cons: I really can't come up with something I don't like about the SUV. Okay how about this. The remote key fobs they give you were cheap and broke within a few years. It was tragic, I've had to unlock the doors like a normal person for years now....
Overall review: This is the perfect little SUV for anybody looking for a do it all. During the summer my mountain bike is a fixture on the top and I don't feel it there unlike other compact SUV's. However I can feel it a bit when I put three of them up there. The four wheel drive system is second to none in any class, I drive up hills with a smile on my face when people are watching. With as many miles I have on this SUV I'm supprised everythime I check my gas mileage, normally 23 to 24 everytime I check and it's been paid for since 2002. I keep thinking I'll get another car, then I realize how much I enjoy driving this little SUV. I drive 50 miles round trip to the office and I never have to worry about the reliability of this SUV. When I do buy another daily driver, it will once again be another Suzuki and more that likely another Grand Vitari as well.
Best value for your money by An MSN Autos Consumer on 09/14/2006. Trim: 1999 Suzuki Grand Vitara JLX 4WD, Owned 4 years.
Pros: 4x4, ABS, Towing power, Gas mileage.
Cons: Seat comfort
Overall review: Best value for the money
The best and cutest SUV by Lexi from NE on 12/06/2005. Trim: 1999 Suzuki Grand Vitara JLX+ 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I absoulutly love this SUV. For one it is soo cute! Handles very well. Great for snow and ice. I would always stick up for this car. It rides very well. :) I LOVE IT!
Cons: The only thing I don't like about this car is it doesnt' excelerate very fast. But I guess i'll just have to deal. :)
Overall review: I think everyone should have one!!! I have always wanted an awesome black mustang, but, after having this car I wouldn't trade it for anything. At least for now, maybe to get a 05 Gr. Vitara! :)
Perfect Mid-size SUV by Florida on 07/27/2004. Trim: 1999 Suzuki Grand Vitara JLX 4WD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Perfect for off-road driving.
Cons: Some slight rattling sound, emanating from the dash.
Overall review: Best mid-size SUV I have ever driven, definitely not for city drivers. This beauty is at it's best off the beaten road.
Great mini-SUV by Patrick from Toronto, Ont. Canada on 02/10/2004. Trim: 1999 Suzuki Vitara JX 2.0 2-Door 4WD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Great compact SUV for on/off road. Reliable and trouble-free.
Cons: Very thirsty gas consumption, sometimes slow pick-up for passing or highway entry, however what more can one expect, after all it's not a BMW X5. Not much space for luggage etc.
Overall review: Overall. A reliable, good-looking truck that has given me little trouble or hassles and is well worth the money I spent for it.