2000 Subaru Legacy Wagon

2000 Subaru Legacy Wagon Prices
2000 Subaru Legacy Wagon Fuel Economy
Legacy GT Wagon by Blindranger from Oregon on 01/12/2007. Trim: 2000 Subaru Legacy Wagon GT, Owned 3 years.
Pros: I loved this car! I called it the poor mans BMW. If you live somewhere where the road conditions are challenging this car is amazing. This car loved carving up mountain roads. I could take three good friends on a multi thousand mile road trip and there was never a shortage of space nor complaints from those in the back seat. Mine had the 5-speed manual transmission which was wonderful and I honestly felt like there was more then enough power. I managed to put over 50,000 miles on it over the single year I owned mine and it ran perfectly the entire time without a single problem. I would recommend it to anyone.
Cons: My two biggest complaints are that the front sunroof, yes this car has two, does not retract, it only tilts. They finally solved this with the 2005 redesign, but it always irked me that the back seat passengers got an opening sunroof and I didn't. My other complaint has to do with the high speed wind whistle that can occur through the front door window seals. Because the cars front doors do not have window frames the windows sometimes don't set right when you close the door, causing an annoying wind whistle as you drive at speed. To fix it all you have to do is slightly role down the window then role it back up, but it was still annoying.
Overall review: This car absolutely sold me on Subaru's. If you want a sporting drive hunt down a 5-speed Legacy GT they are amazing. Oh yeah mine averaged over 26mpg too.
Subaru's aren't all they're cracked up to be. by Sonny on 03/15/2006. Trim: 2000 Subaru Legacy Wagon L, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Comfortable, plenty of hauling space.
Cons: The steering never was right, despite me spending over $1000 in repairs. It still made grinding noises when turning. The brakes were bad to squeal. The engine sounded horrible unless premium gasoline was used.
Overall review: Costly to buy, costly to upkeep.
Don't get a stick by Disappointed, Santa Cruz, CA on 03/30/2003. Trim: 2000 Subaru Legacy Wagon L, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Quiet, handles well. Has never broken down with 20K.
Cons: The worst clutch ever.
Overall review: I wouldn't buy the stick shift again.
Wagon with an attitiude. by Rottenruss from L.A. on 12/11/2000. Trim: 2000 Subaru Legacy Wagon L, Owned 1 year.
Pros: solid. dependable. quiet (tire noise is the only intrusion).
Cons: Accellerates very quickly in low gear. Head snaps back,typically.
Overall review: My second Legacy. The best, by far. Ten years from now, I will buy my next one.
Good Car by Anthony from Ottawa on 05/28/2005. Trim: 2000 Subaru Legacy Wagon Brighton, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Very reliable, AWD is awesome in the winter, handling is awesome.
Cons: Not enough power, braking isn't that great,
Overall review: Good car, wish it had a little more power.