2000 Subaru Forester

This car is a continuous Headache by Sarah , Maine on 02/22/2007. Trim: 2000 Subaru Forester L, Owned 4 years.
Pros: The reason why I bought th vehicle was because it does handle well in poor winter condtions. I also like all the little spaces to put things.
Cons: Please see review. There are many issues with this vehicle that Subaru of America just does not want to ratify.
Overall review: I purchased my subaru in 2003 with 73,000 miles. On Carfax reports I learned that my vehicle had the Drive Axle, Right Bearing, Seals/Gasket, Emmision Control System, Oxygen Sensor serviced at 62,857 miles and the Electrical System and Coil serviced at 63,225. Since I have had the car I have had major issues. At 119,000 miles I needd my transmission rebuilt- the Subaru dealership informed me that this is a reoccuring issue with the subarus. I also needed work on my Steering Knuckle and had timming belts replaced. A few months later my rear wheel bearings went and I needed 4 new struts as well as work on the catalatic converter. Also the center light on the vehicle clock to the shifter have failed to light up. In November 2006 I had to have new brakes, my exhaust welded and new tires. Now in February 2007 my coolant is leaking from somehwere unknown- and I may need new head Gaskets. What a headache this car is!
the chick mobile by bub on 02/28/2004. Trim: 2000 Subaru Forester S, Owned 4 years.
Pros: the cargo area is good
Cons: grown men can't fit in it, you need tiny little feet to fit in the pedal area. It might sound like a small problem but think of it it can be dangerous
Overall review: it's ok, it runs and runs and runs
Not bad by Pax from Hawaii on 09/24/2003. Trim: 2000 Subaru Forester L, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Good AWD vehicle with passenger car feel. Reasonable gas mileage and interior room. No major problems (at least not yet)
Cons: spartan seating material, knocking/pinging when driving moderate inclines, hard starting, had many material defects in the interior (visor broken, glove copartment mis-aligned, etc.)
Overall review: Not bad for an AWD vehicle with this sticker price.
mountain pimp mobile by snowmobile, colorado on 04/02/2003. Trim: 2000 Subaru Forester L, Owned 1 year.
Overall review: good purchase
A good sporty wagon by An MSN Autos Consumer on 03/17/2003. Trim: 2000 Subaru Forester S, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This car is safe and stable. Pickup is good with the manual transmission and breaking is exclient overall. Stearing is compliant and AWD is fun. Build quality is impressive and mechanical quality is superior to most. Interior convience is also a plus. Low end torque is impressive for the little 4 banger. The Boxer engine also sounds oh so nice. Great dirving posision. Crash test raitings are also impressive.
Cons: Stick shift is a bit loose and does not shift smoothly. Suspension is soft, but it is a "SUV". The car as a bit too much body role for my confort. The coefficent of drag is much too high for a car of this size. Fuel ecnomy could be better. I guess i really want a WRX but this will certenally due for now.
Overall review: A good alterniative to the traditioal SUV. It is safe, fun to drive, and built like a tank. Subaru makes great cars. It is a bit heavy, but that is only because of the heavy steel they use. You can't beat the quality of a horozontaly opposed engin. Also the AWD system is very useful. It is nearly impossible to spin the tires. Over all i highly recomend this car. I chose it and after 4 years of research.