2000 Subaru Legacy

Worst car I've ever loved by Bill from Maine on 07/18/2008. Trim: 2000 Subaru Legacy GT Limited, Owned 9 years.
Pros: Car looks great Handles well in poor weather
Cons: Poor reliability Poor MPG
Overall review: I bought this car new in 1999 and I haven't been able to get rid of it. For some reason I love it. I love it despite the fact that the catalylic converter needs replacing, the head gasket went twice (and is once again leaking), the window opener motor died, the windshield wiper motor went, all of the axle boots were replaced, the brakes seemed to go quick, the tires cost a fortune, the transmission had to be replaced, the speakers were blown from day one and the dealer told me they were working as intended, the seals around the windows failed years ago so it sounds like the windows are down when they are up, and the moon roof leaks but of course no mechanic can replicate the problem. I know there have been many other unexpected issues I just can't remember them after 9 years.
A great value by An MSN Autos Consumer on 06/12/2007. Trim: 2000 Subaru Legacy L, Owned 1 year.
Pros: -Excellent control thanks to AWD -I know its sophmorish but I love the sound of the boxster engine. -Cavernous trunk
Cons: -Back seat does not fold down completely -As said, poor gas mileage (a byproduct of the AWD) -Seats can be rigid on long trips.
Overall review: I purchased this car after talking with a doctor who had just purchased his third Subaru. His second one had over 200k miles and I wanted reliability. I found it. I have owned my Legacy for over a year and would recommend this car to anyone.
Luxury/Family/Sports car all rolled into one by Cruisin' Chrysalis on 02/18/2003. Trim: 2000 Subaru Legacy GT Limited, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I like the way this car hugs the road and handles adverse road conditions, yet is as comfortable and roomy as a luxury car. I also like its stylish design and the fact that it has three seatbelts with shoulder harnesses in the back seat.
Cons: I find I have to use Plus gas to get optimum performance. Premium is a waste of money, but Regular unleaded just doesn't give it the get up and go that I need when accelerating into traffic.
Overall review: This Legacy is a great combination luxury/family/sports car. It Is comfortable and accessible, unlike most sports cars, but handles like a dream on those narrow, windy mountain roads. Of course, Subaru's All Wheel Drive is a must-have on some regions of the country.
Sexy by Dill on 05/17/2001. Trim: 2000 Subaru Legacy L, Owned 1 year.
Overall review: Great car!
Nice Driver by Mike on 02/23/2001. Trim: 2000 Subaru Legacy GT, Owned 1 year.
Overall review: Nice car, No major problems, All-wheel drive is great, Slighlty high priced for this size of car.