2000 Subaru Impreza Wagon

2000 Subaru Impreza Wagon Prices
2000 Subaru Impreza Wagon Fuel Economy
Whee! by J.C. Denver on 06/16/2003. Trim: 2000 Subaru Impreza Wagon L Sport, Owned 1 year.
Pros: It's perfect for city driving (fits in those ever increasingly small spaces) but also great for getting to the mountains. It's my 3rd Subaru, and they haven't let me down yet. Peppy...have to watch the speed though. I sometimes feel like I am going a lot slower than I am!
Cons: At 60,000 miles, it didn't want to go into reverse unless I shut the car off. It makes a grinding sound otherwise. The hatchback rattles...loose wiring according to the mechanics. $400 to fix? I don't think so! I'll live.
Overall review: Love my Subaru. It looks like a long rollerskate, but great car overall. It's the first car "I" own (as opposed to the 'rents) and I wouldn't trade it in, yet. Perfect for me. 1/2 my friends own Subarus...and that's what we talk about...we're hooked.
goes by working mom on 02/18/2003. Trim: 2000 Subaru Impreza Wagon L Sport, Owned 3 years.
Pros: handles well. awd excellent
Cons: Clunks when braking. service people weak in hawaii at schuman. Wont admit to bearing problem. Super small back seat. Good only for children.
Overall review: If you purchase this car for reasons other than handling and economy you may be dissapointed. I am not.
Sporty AWD Car by J.E.B. from Novato, CA. on 08/18/2001. Trim: 2000 Subaru Impreza Wagon L Sport, Owned 2 years.
Pros: This car has great around town excelleration. Stereo has a good quality sound. Good headroom. Good enough gas mileage for AWD vehicle.
Cons: Even though most hatchbacks make a bit of a rattling sound, this one is a little too much. I'm going to have the dealer take a look at it, since it's still under warranty. Rear passenger leg room is not good enough. Plus, being 6' 4'' I tend to hit the gear shifter alot and on long trips shin is sore if people are sitting behind me from having the seat moved up to accomodate.
Overall review: If you are under 6ft. and don't care for the SUV mileage and rollover feel; this is definiteley the vehicle to get! I'm looking to sell mine because of my height and buy the Outback.
Review ID: #198221 Is this review offensive?
Don't get a 5-speed! by A CarPoint Consumer on 07/03/2001. Trim: 2000 Subaru Impreza Wagon L Sport, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Excellent handling, fun to drive.
Cons: Had problems with a defective clutch when the car was brand new. From what I have heard from Subaru owners and a Subaru dealership mechanic, this is a fairly common problem. Also, rear wheel bearings were failing at 16,000 miles. Car could use more power.
Overall review: The Subaru Impreza L Wagon is a handy, fun-to-drive car that comes with many accessories as standard equipment. However, my vehicle experienced problems with the clutch, flywheel, pressure plate, and rear wheel bearings, all of which are relatively common.
Better Than an SUV by SubuLover Wakefield, MA on 04/19/2001. Trim: 2000 Subaru Impreza Wagon L Sport, Owned 1 year.
Pros: ALL WHEEL DRIVE!!! Great feel on the road. The wagon with AWD, foglights and ABS gives the performance, storage and versatility of an SUV, but without the gas consumption or the risk of rollover. It's cheaper, too.
Cons: Minor hardware headaches... rattles, bumps and other non-performance related strange noises. Also, it would be nice if this vehicle was offered in a model with upgraded interior trim.
Overall review: I own one. I love it. I love driving it, especially in bad weather. I will never, ever buy anything other than an AWD vehicle again. Also, the wagon allows us to go camping and "outdoorsy" stuff without the gas-guzzing, rollover-prone sticker-price indulgance of an SUV. I drive by SUVs and snicker!
Review ID: #119021 Is this review offensive?