2000 Saturn LS

Mine was Purple!! by Bryan, Wisconsin on 01/28/2013. Trim: 2000 Saturn LS, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Generally speaking the car is reliable. It wasn't exactly fun to drive, but it wasn't boring either. The engine will keep running well after 100k miles, with scheduled maintenance. For a first car it is great.
Cons: Like I said the engine keeps running. On the other hand, everything else in the car fails one after another. I understand that things are going to break in an older car with 150k+ miles. I can't begin to list the multitude of things that had to be replaced in this car.
Overall review: Not a terrible car. That being said, I would never get another Saturn again, which fortunately is no longer an option. The car will make you pay by the end more than what you saved when you signed the paperwork, But if you are able to get it at the right price used, it will get you from A to B.
I'm happy with it by ATLOffroad on 06/12/2007. Trim: 2000 Saturn LS1, Owned 7 years.
Pros: The 4cyl engine has plenty of power for everyday driving. I have been on road trips getting 36mpg at highway speeds. The premium stereo comes with nine speakers including a subwoofer sounds great. Trunk is big and the headlights are bright and give you great visibility at night.
Cons: Exterior paint is beginning to come off. The engine uses a speacial type of oil filter you must purchase thru Saturn and is very expensive. The window controls are on the center consel and are hard to get used to.
Overall review: A great road trip car with a smooth ride and great sound system.
2000 Saturn LS2 by An MSN Autos Consumer on 02/14/2007. Trim: 2000 Saturn LS2, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Great fuel economy, rides well, steers good
Cons: window switches on console
Overall review: very well made car, great fuel mileage
115,000 mile review from 5+ year owner by Semi-Satisfied from Cincy on 04/14/2005. Trim: 2000 Saturn LS1, Owned 6 years.
Pros: After 115,000 miles, I still like this car. I have not had it in the shop for anything since my 76K mile review other than routine oil changes. I put Cooper tires on it instead of Firestones and I am getting much better tire life with the same performance, and I saved money to boot. Firestones lasted about 35K miles, I have over 47K on the Coopers and they still look new. Air conditioner still works good without having been serviced in over 60K miles, steering is still tight, still handles like new. Interior is still amazingly comfortable and looks like new. Paint still looks new, other than a few chips in the hood.
Cons: It still has a decent deal of road noise and wind noise, but it hasn't gotten worse since my 76,000 review. The thing won't give me a good enough reason to sell it and buy a new car, if you can call that a con.
Overall review: I have had this car since December of 1999 and I am still satisfied with the purchase. It has been the most reliable car I have ever owned. I read the other reviews here and found that some people had problems with known issues that Saturn performed recalls on. Angry people are always willing to write a bad review for something, but the satisfied owners rarely do. Straight up, this car will have some problems during the first 50K miles, but it would seem to become very reliable after that. A good tip to keep the cost of ownership down is to buy after market parts. Do NOT go to Saturn to get your windshield wipers, tires, or oil changes done, if you can avoid it. Stay away from Firestone tires as they are way too expensive, and they wear out faster. Other alternatives work just as well. And whatever brand windshield wiper that Saturn puts on there is just cheap junk that will wear out within 2 months. Solid car, overall!
bang for you'r buck.and great,,well everything..best buy by hondas not allowed on 09/03/2004. Trim: 2000 Saturn LS2, Owned 4 years.
Pros: i love the suprisinly good performance.Very reliable.good quality gm vehicle......but most of all..bang for ur buck
Cons: a little hesitant on the down shift..noisy under hard acceleration..not the gas saver that i thougt
Overall review: well..im a young saturn owner and for me to buy new its tough..but i scored on this one . i love my car..very very dependable..and its not a honda!!!!