1999 Saab 9-5 Wagon

1999 Saab 9-5 Wagon Prices
1999 Saab 9-5 Wagon Fuel Economy
The Perfect Wagon by Tomy Strzelecki from Mertztown, Pa. USA on 04/02/2004. Trim: 1999 Saab 9-5 Wagon 2.3, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I am 6'-4" and 275 lbs. I can do something in this car I could not in my V8 Audi or my VW Passat, I can sit up straight and stretch my legs. The turbo gives great power while still keeping great economy. The car handles like a sedan. The ride is terrific and the versality is unmatched.
Cons: The re-sale is terrible. Which for me was actually a plus because I could not afford the NEW Aero I wanted. The gas in the tank "sloshes to and fro" at 3/4 tank.
Overall review: This is by far, the best car I have owned in over 35 years of buying cars, new and used. I can not wait until my wife's 9-3 is fully paid for so I can go out and get a NEW 9-5 Aero Wagon........
Saab, prior to GM by Glenn on 12/19/2001. Trim: 1999 Saab 9-5 Wagon 2.3, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Rides great, nice acceleration on the highway. No major problems, warranty is great for even small things. Very, very comfortable. Heated seats in the back are great. Highly recommended.
Cons: Few small problems, fog lamp came loose twice, back seat stuck, lost a couple headlights, all covered by warranty, service was great. Needs better acceleration from stop.
Overall review: Great car, great for long trips, good gas mileage, very comfortable. Love the car.
I love this car! by TG from Oak Park, IL on 10/02/2001. Trim: 1999 Saab 9-5 Wagon 2.3, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Styling, performance, economy, utility, unique features, quiet/comfortable ride.
Cons: Maybe a 2nd foldout cupholder for the front passenger area.
Overall review: Extremely comfortable and well laid out interior. Auto trans in the "sport" setting provides all the performance I need, even to burn rubber if I choose. Not bad for a 4 cylinder. I never thought a 4 cylinder engine in a car as heavy as the 9-5 would provide great performance AND 31+ mpg on the highway. Better performance and economy than my 6 cylinder '96 VW Jetta GLX! The absolute best car I have ever owned!
My favorite Un-minivan too by philmeup007 (IM) on 08/06/2001. Trim: 1999 Saab 9-5 Wagon 3.0, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Excellent comfort for long drives. I highly recommend the Ventilated Seats option (Saabs best option and rare). It keeps you cool and dry during the hot summer months while sitting on leather, no one else has this option. 200hp V-6 is very quick and speedy. Handles wonderfully at high speeds.
Cons: I had one rear shock go out during the waranty period. I have had to replace 4/5 Headlight bulbs ($12 replacement with 1 year warranty) since owning the car. Seems that the preventive maintenance schedule is a little pricey, but the dealers have been great.
Overall review: This is our first SAAB and we have 64,000 miles since July of 99. I want a second one. My wife loves it because we can carry items around without driving a minivan and we love the powerful V-6.
Review ID: #193849 Is this review offensive?
Best car I ever owned by Saab lover from Cincinnati on 10/01/2012. Trim: 1999 Saab 9-5 Wagon, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Best car we ever had. 132,000 miles and still looks and runs like new. Almost no care other than routine maintenance. Did need a new water pump at 125,000 miles
Cons: They stopped making it. I am worried about parts availability in the future.
Overall review: Excellent value