1999 Saab 9-5

BEST CAR EVER! by sunshine on 03/29/2007. Trim: 1999 Saab 9-5 SE, Owned 8 years.
Pros: perfect vehicle. lasts for a long time. i have over 500,000 miles on mine. no major problems.
Cons: none
Overall review: best car i ever owned.
Great car! by Larry from Manchester, CT on 09/25/2002. Trim: 1999 Saab 9-5 SE V6, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Very comfortable, great ride
Cons: Only 1 cupholder in the front
Overall review: I bought the car used with 40,000 miles on it. I just love it. Rides great!!!
Car that begs to be driven! by Richrsvg from Bensalem, PA. on 08/29/2002. Trim: 1999 Saab 9-5 SE V6, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Seats, comfort, style. excellent sound system, good trunk space. Performance is great (V6). Begs to be driven.
Cons: Paint (Black) scratches easily. Some wind noise at highway speeds. SID (SAAB Information Display) prone to Display Character problems.Leather Sets show some signs of ware, but only the side bolsters. Expensive to maintain.
Overall review: Overall 8.5 out of 10, subtracting points for all of the listed Cons.
luxury car by latonia on 03/05/2002. Trim: 1999 Saab 9-5 Base, Owned 3 years.
Pros: very nice luxury automobile.
Overall review: but had major problems when i first brought it. then i would have to travel long distances to get it serviced which is ridiculous. need more dealer ship locations or at least representatives co-located with others dealers to service them. thanks
This one's just right . . . by Sirius from Sebastopol CA on 11/04/2001. Trim: 1999 Saab 9-5 SE, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Midrange Torque is prodigious/Fuel Economy-38mpg on fwy/Steering is very communicative-especially with Z rated Falkens added/Safety/Rarity-BMWs and Volvos are everywhere here/Seats-outstanding comfort front and back/Climate Control works well/Harmon-Kardon Sound System is superb
Cons: Low end torque is weak-but I don't drag race so it's not a problem/Body roll is excessive-fixed with aero springs/roll bars.
Overall review: As a Saab loaylist (I drove a 99 Turbo for ten years), I was really disappointed when I first saw pictures of the conservatively styled 9-5. It looked so boring to me. I really wanted an Audi A6 but when I drove one it seemed underpowered, and kind of disconnected from direct participation. The A4 was too small for clients in the back seat, so I thought I'd give the 9-5 a chance. As Goldilocks said “this one's just right”. Not only is it an ergonomic masterpiece inside, but it felt lighter and faster than the A6. And where as the A6 has grown long in the tooth visually, I have come to appreciate the just slightly wierd styling of the 9-5 (I especially like my black over tan model) more over time. I love this Saab.
Review ID: #220866 Is this review offensive?