2000 Pontiac Grand Am

Reliability Personified by An MSN Autos Consumer on 03/15/2011. Trim: 2000 Pontiac Grand Am SE Sedan, Owned 8 years.
Pros: Engine is a workhorse. Fast acceleration, good handling, decent mpg (29 Highway, ~22 City), and a sleek exterior. Having owned this car for more than eight years I couldn't be happier with it. As noted by others, the body styling still compares well with more recent cars. The trunk is large, ride is smooth and quiet, seating is comfortable and roomy whether in the front of back.
Cons: Cheap factory standard stereo, coating / details come off easily and sound quality of the deck is mediocre. This is easily fixed by installing a new stereo deck. Have had minor electrical problem which was fast and cheap to repair. Over an eight year period also had to replace water pump once. Stone chips have a habit of chipping rear passenger doors at the front corner allowing rust to form.
Overall review: Over an eight year period this car has given very few problems and today runs just as well as the day I drove it off the lot. It still looks as sporty and stylish as many of the cars being produced today. With any car you expect some repairs to be made but with this car there were very few, well under my own expectations. The only reason I am giving this up is due to someone hitting my car as it was parked infront of my house late at night... unfortunately the driver sped off and the damage was enough for the insurance company to call it a complete loss (Although the damage doesn't look that bad, withstood collision very well). Total miles: ~182,000, very few problems, very reliable.
Grand Am by An MSN Autos Consumer on 12/28/2004. Trim: 2000 Pontiac Grand Am GT Sedan, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I like the front wheel drive. I also like the direct steering.
Cons: The driver's seat seems to get uncomfortable on long trips.
Overall review: Good
good car by r from sd on 02/05/2012. Trim: 2000 Pontiac Grand Am SE1 Coupe, Owned 5 years.
Pros: 23 city, 30 highway mpg, simple reliable transportation, hit a deer at 80mph and did not total it .parts are reasonably priced and it is easy to fix most things on this car as a diy'er
Cons: no extra options on the se1 models, uses quart of oil between oil changes at 195,000 miles. uncomfotable seats
Overall review: good cheap transportation, expect to get at least another 100,000 miles from it.
PONTIAC Grand am SE by DRIFT KID on 06/04/2010. Trim: 2000 Pontiac Grand Am SE Sedan, Owned 5 years.
Pros: looks
Cons: noise from back of car
Overall review: nice sporty car but it needs repairs big time
Great Starter Car by Jennifer on 04/09/2007. Trim: 2000 Pontiac Grand Am SE1 Coupe, Owned 3 years.
Pros: It remains sharp in appearance even at 7 years old, it's reliable and has never left me stranded, the seats are comfortable, BIG sunroof!
Cons: I had to replace the water pump & timing belts ($1000) New rotors, drums & brake pads ($600), and I swear this this is a magnet for rock chips and nails in the road...But I can't blame that on the car...Oh, and the settings 1-3 don't work on the blower, the numbers wear off the radio buttons, something is rattling in the back, when rear-ended it seems EVERY Grand Am cracks in the same spot--on the side of the license plate, the paint flaked off the front bumper, and the side is starting to rust, oh and the thing that holds my door open rusted off.
Overall review: I bought this car for $7,000 when I was 17, it had 60,000 miles on it. Three years later...Overall...The appearance of the car is diminishing, but the engine has been VERY good to me. (Which is what matters, right?) Everyone is going to spend SOME money on a used car, they need to face it. No car is perfect, I see people below my comment complaining about 50$...Big deal it's a 7 year old car! My Grand Am has 103,000 miles on it, and it still runs perfect! I would honestly recommend this car. I never worry about it starting, and I know it will get me to where I need to go. I had a 2000 Nissan Sentra before this, and it was ALWAYS getting fixed for engine problems, so believe me, I would MUCH rather have cosmetic problems.