2000 Pontiac Sunfire

2000 Pontiac Sunfire Prices
2000 Pontiac Sunfire Fuel Economy
Not too bad, mechanically reliable by An MSN Autos Consumer on 02/14/2012. Trim: 2000 Pontiac Sunfire GT Coupe, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: It is a decent car, mechanically have had no issues and it runs great, fairly cheap to repair, and doesn't feel all cheap inside either
Cons: My GT personally has 154,000kms and is terrible on fuel, always has been, I drive the highway and always go 90km/h(55mph) and I can watch the fuel guage drop, literally, it is not uncomfortable but definately not comfortable either, good luck fitting anyone in the back seat if it is a 2 door, or fitting anything of size in the car at all as it is so tight inside The doors are a pretty heavy and can sag or click and pop as they wear out, BUT THE BIGGEST FLAW OF ALL!!! is the face that you cannot change the stereo out for aftermarket without buying a $70 adapter for the door beep, it's ridiculous.
Overall review: Overall despite how many cons I have posted, I do not mind my car, they are quirks more than anything, it is fairly cheap to fix, and it took 150K before things started failing, but if you can get one with new struts, tie rods and all the little front end stuff you will be happy because mechanically it is great, and probably very fuel efficient on a 100km/h highway doing 130 or so since it is geared very low, in the end I would highly reccomend this car to someone looking for something cheap and reliable.
My Sunfire by Rick on 02/16/2012. Trim: 2000 Pontiac Sunfire SE Coupe, Owned 7 years.
Pros: I like the body style, but it should have been a 6 or 8 cylinder. Too heavy to be a 4 cylinder.
Cons: The no power.
Overall review: pretty car, nice body.
She's a Perfect 10! by Sassy on 06/29/2004. Trim: 2000 Pontiac Sunfire SE Sedan, Owned 3 years.
Pros: I love this car!! She will do anything I ask her to do! She starts the first try when its 40 below outside. Good with gas. First off the line at the light. No mechanical problems at all. She's a charmer!
Cons: Nothing!! I love this car!
Overall review: She's a Perfect 10!
Great for single parents or students! by Miami Lakes, FL on 02/25/2004. Trim: 2000 Pontiac Sunfire SE Coupe, Owned 3 years.
Pros: I like the fact that i can go without putting gas for 2weeks and i do approximately15 miles or less a day, between work and dropping off kids at school. To me as a single parent this car is a great economy car and reliable. It looks great inside and out very sporty and "Why beggars be choosy it get's you from point A to point B!" For the price it does great!
Cons: I had problems with the Gas pump and gauge it would mark 1/2 a tank and be empty had to replace the pump. Trunk opening is very narrow. The acceleration is o.k. not to great, "BUT HEY WERE NOT DRIVING IN THE INDY 500!" Exterior paint has been a problem starting to peel in front bumper and rear. Front windshield the rubber stripping that seals it around has been coming loose and i have fixed it several times. But engine problems none, great car bought used with 25,000 miles on it 3 years ago and only have 40,000 miles on it now. I hope i don't jinx myself, GREAT CAR for single people and parents. Reliable!!!!
Overall review: Attractive, reliable, reasonally priced. Yes a HONDA or Toyo would be nice, but hey it does it's job and at the same time saves me money and gets me to where i need to go.Drove to Key West last weekend and she did great!!!! Very comfortable ride. I agree with others that it is noisy at times. The air vent keeps making a noise in engine when very windy or driving faster than usual. I would highly recommend to anyone who is looking for something reliable and attractive.
Great Car!!! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 09/19/2003. Trim: 2000 Pontiac Sunfire SE Coupe, Owned 3 years.
Pros: My daughter bought her Sunfire brand new 3 years ago when she started college...the only problem she has had with it was some pin striping the dealer added....I'd say that's pretty good...Great Car!!! She still LOVES it!!
Cons: Thankfully no cons to complain about.
Overall review: Great car...especially for a first new car!!! It was a great experience!!!