1999 Pontiac Montana

Additional info. to id486192 6 years ago by An MSN Autos Consumer on 11/30/2011. Trim: 1999 Pontiac Montana 3-Door, Owned 9 years.
Pros: Still a comfortable van to drive at 11 years and 180000km. Bought it in 2002 as iI mentioned in the last ad. Owned it 9 years now. Undercoat it and wax it every year.
Cons: Vehicle depreciated very quickly, so I had to run it out, hoping for the best. Had to replace the front gas lines 2 years ago, $200 a piece x 3 lines. Had GM do a tune up at the same time, new plugs and wires. Since then, it stalls when idling with no particular time of notice from each day or 2, then a week or more without doing it.I did all the brakes this year at 175000km. had to replace a driver's side rocker panel. Replaced the original muffler and Battery a year ago. Engine light is on now, so maybe I can find out why it stall's at GM dealer tomorrow.
Overall review: Still have my fingers crossed for the future? Toyota or Honda next time.
The Mini School Bus by SnowIsComing from Babiesville, NY on 10/02/2001. Trim: 1999 Pontiac Montana 4-Door, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Good Traction Control and good highway gas mileage.
Cons: Quality, Quality, Quality. When they threw in all the features, they robbed Peter to Pay paul. Not all, but most of the Pontiac Dealers/Service has very little to be desired.
Overall review: I would spend a little more money next time for less headaches and better engineering. What is with these companies, they are trying to drive away the customers? Everytime, I decide to be patriotic and buy american, why do I always wonder if I made a mistake? I ask the question everytime a problem pops up, and when I have to plan and spend time in dropping the car off at the pontiac service station. And man, I hate my pontiac dealer. You know what, I hate dealership more than the car.
Great truck by An MSN Autos Consumer on 01/30/2004. Trim: 1999 Pontiac Montana 4-Door Extended, Owned 1 year.
Overall review: GOOd
very very poor vehicle by Todd on 12/20/2003. Trim: 1999 Pontiac Montana 4-Door Extended, Owned 3 years.
Pros: The van has good performance when it is running. To be a mini van. Has exceptional amount of room.
Cons: The dash looks like a christmas tree with the oil light, low coolant light, and air bag light on all the time and not to mention the check engine light flashing on and off all the time.Intake leaks oil and antifreeze. The interior was worn at 30,000 miles. The cd player was out at 33,000 miles. The sliding door was messed up from day of sale. Transmission was redone shortly after purchase. Continous brake problems.
Overall review: This vehicle has been a terrible vehicle since the day we purchased it. It seems that GM has plaqued the consumer with such a dissapointment of quality. There is better cars going to the crusher than what one of these are new. GM should be ashamed to say that they would even market a vehicle of this disgrace. The trade in value is terrible and resale is even worse. GM should have to buy these vehicles back from the consumers.
1999 Pontiac Montana by Dave from Renton Washington on 04/18/2003. Trim: 1999 Pontiac Montana 4-Door, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Great vehichle when it's not in the shop.
Cons: Quite a few problems with the engine (head gasket leak, fuel injector failure, computer failure) over the past four years. We've certainly gotten our money's worth out of our extended warranty.
Overall review: Currently looking to trade it in. Love the convenience of a van but not at all pleased with the amount of time this vehicle has spent in the shop and us in loaner vehicles.