2000 Oldsmobile Alero

Alero is Junk by Disapointed from PA on 06/29/2005. Trim: 2000 Oldsmobile Alero GL1 Coupe, Owned 4 years.
Pros: This vehicle has a nice look and has all the options. I love that lights turn automatically off if left on.
Cons: Had so- many problems with this car. The first day getting it home the moonroof stoppped working (at 30000 mi.) two months later I had to replace the intake gasket ($600) Then a year and half later had to replace it again ($600) I had to replace rotars and brakes and have noisy brakes. The passenger door leaks water, had to replace the water pump at about (50000 mi) ($300) CD player skips ALL the time cassette player ate a tape and the dash board is starting to bubble up.
Overall review: NEVER EVER buy an Alero its a lemon.
Great starter vehicle by An MSN Autos Consumer on 08/12/2008. Trim: 2000 Oldsmobile Alero GX Sedan, Owned 8 years.
Pros: Great acceleration with my 4 cylinder. interior is looks good still. For the price I paid (approx 17K) I'm happy!
Cons: The only serious problem I have is radiator coolant leak from a hose. moderate problems are; turn signals sometimes work sometimes they don't (electrical). rear window defoger doesnt' work. shifts roughly from 1st gear to 2nd gear.
Overall review: 8 years of 'hard' service, 193K miles & still running.
A lovin' Alero by Delightfully Driving in Jersey on 07/16/2008. Trim: 2000 Oldsmobile Alero GLS Sedan, Owned 9 years.
Pros: Great looking ride, have owned it for 5 years and not many problems. Have about 83,000 miles on it now. Once the power window went out, luckily it was still under warrenty. Excels and is much more powerful than I expected (wow !!) Love the CD, cassette,radio build in.The car is paid for as of December '07 and I plan to drive it until it dies........!!!!
Cons: The head gasket went and I had to come out of pocket for that($400)bucks and then the cruise control went at about 60,000 miles on a long distance trip ! I plan to see how much that would be to repair. The Seat adjustment is sucky but Other wise no other problems to speak of.
Overall review: Good car, good looking, fast, reliable transportation,nice trunk space, good milage.
BEEN A GREAT CAR by VA GIRL LOVES TO DRIVE on 06/01/2008. Trim: 2000 Oldsmobile Alero GL1 Coupe, Owned 7 years.
Pros: The Car Stills looks GREAT!!!! It has over 140 thousand miles very little work has been done to this car gas milage is 25 around town has leather interior still looks very good the passagner window needs a motor or something but very inexpensive to own I'll Drive it till the wheels fall off FUN CAR!!! and I'm in my 40's does very well in snow
Cons: I wish that it had 4 doors mine has 2 (but 2 is alot more sporty) I've been very happy with my car
Overall review: I would buy this car again I've had alot of cars new and used this is one of my favorite the interior would compare to more expensive cars
Olds Alero is a great car. by Russ from Chico on 01/22/2007. Trim: 2000 Oldsmobile Alero GLS Coupe, Owned 3 years.
Pros: First of all, it looks really cool, and not many people have this car, so its unique. Everyone and their grandma has a honda civic or ford mustang, driving down the road, I'm usually the only guy with one and I love it. I've had it for 2.5 years so far, and only minor problems.
Cons: The breaks arent the best, I suppose I can upgrade those without a huge cost if I want.
Overall review: Overall, for me this is a great car. I have the 3.4 V6 and its got plenty of power, although I've done some modifications to increase horsepower. Funny when honda guys try to race me, its like, byebye, haha.