2000 Nissan Altima

2000 Nissan Altima Prices
2000 Nissan Altima Fuel Economy
2000 Altima: by Bill-Princeton, New Jersey on 07/05/2009. Trim: 2000 Nissan Altima GXE, Owned 9 years.
Pros: Bought my Altima new in 2000. Loved it in 2003 when I first reported, it's now 2009 and I still own and love it. Everything seems about the same as 2003. Just put gas in it, service it periodically and it's still trouble free.
Cons: One minor Con: On certain rounded edges, the paint is beginning to wear through to the prime coat, but you have to look close to see it.
Overall review: Love it! Will drive it until it drops (probably another 5 years at least). The most reliable car I've ever had, and I've probably had at least 20 cars in my lifetime.
ALMOST AN INVESTMENT by M S on 07/24/2003. Trim: 2000 Nissan Altima GXE, Owned 3 years.
Pros: FUN TO DRIVE, STYLE, ELEGANT CAR, ONLY GAS AND YOUR REGULAR MAINTNANCE
Cons: NEED MORE INSULATION, YOU CAN HEAR OUTSIDE NOISE
Overall review: MY SECOND NISSAN, AND I'M WAITING FOR THOSE FULL SIZE TRUCKS, I HAVE A NATIONAL BRAND BUT WHEN THOSE APPEAR ON THE SHOWROOM BYE BOWTIE, SO HURRY UP WITH MY NEW FULL SIZE NISSAN.
Sweet Car by Why??? on 06/13/2009. Trim: 2000 Nissan Altima XE, Owned 9 years.
Pros: I recently totaled my 2000 Nissan in a car accident. Everyone was okay but I sure do miss my car!!! Shadow, as I called her, had a great appearance, comfortable ride, and was overall problem free for the 10 years that I had her. Even though I was in the market for a 2nd car, I planned on keeping her. To anyone that has one, savor your time with the car. As long as you treat the car right, maintenance and all, this car will take you a long way. I am now looking to purchase my 3rd Altima or Nissan. Can't beat the perfomance of a Nissan.
Cons: Takes awhile to get up to speed but once it does, it is a sweet ride.
Overall review: Even though the car is great, I was more impressed with the lack of maintenance needed on the car. I made sure the car had an oil change every 3K miles and regular maintenance service (i.e., 15K, 30K, 90K, etc). I didn't have any significant problems with the car until 2006 or so. Overall, $1K or $1500 a year in maintanence isn't bad for a paid for car.
Green Cars Must Be Bad Luck by B.M. on 12/31/2008. Trim: 2000 Nissan Altima GXE, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Its a nice compact car. Has decent trunk space. The inside is relatively comfortable, no problems with accessories.
Cons: I have had nothing but bad luck with this car. I bought this car used in 2005 with about 70K miles. The day I drove it off the lot all the inside lights cut out. I had the dimmer switch/fuse replaced and now, three years later am having the same problem. The inside lights randomly flicker on and off and my mechanic can't find the problem. I have had more than just your basic maintence issues with this car (new radiator, alternator, tie rod). The handling is awful and has no pick up. The gas mileage is rather poor (avg 20-22 mpg) even for highway driving. I had to have my mechanic make a makeshift hanger to keep my undercarriage attached to my car. It still hasnt fixed the problem.
Overall review: If I had the choice to buy it again, I wouldnt. Granted it has 120K miles on it at this point, I have had much better luck with other cars at the same mileage. The paint job has also started to rust after only a couple years. You could save your money for a Toyota or a Honda.
I love my Altima by An MSN Autos Consumer on 12/30/2008. Trim: 2000 Nissan Altima GLE, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Very comfortable, rides beautiful, very classy yet sporty, very roomy, reliable
Cons: Gas mileage, however, it is cheap to fill, so it balances out
Overall review: The car runs beautiful, mines at 122k and i love it. I recommend it to everyone. The car is very dependable